Stampede Kingsford Pellets

Hamp

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Recteq support is recommending Kingsford pellets. Just wondering if the forum agrees with this. I’m getting ready to order a 590 and trying to get my ducks in a row to be ready to go when it arrives.

Recteq support is recommending Kingsford pellets. Just wondering if the forum agrees with this. I’m getting ready to order a 590 and trying to get my ducks in a row to be ready to go when it arrives.
I've had no issues using them.

If possible, I’d go with a bag of Kingsford pellets for my first run on a new recteq. For those folks that have had problems with a new grill, depending on the issue recteq support will often advise to change the brand of pellets if not using Kingsford or recteq pellets.

I’ve used about 5-6 bags of the Kingsford pellets, and they work fine. I just don’t believe the price is justified given how low Lumber Jack and Bear Mountain are priced where I live.

I have traditionally used Recteq pellets from day one. I tried a couple of bags of the Kingsford blend when RT started pushing them. Didn’t like them. I felt they burned a lot faster and left a tremendous amount of ash in my 700. I switched back to the Recteq brand.

If you get the pellet bundle with your new grill, you can't miss. Great price with mfg recommended pellets. You're going to go through so many pellets in the near future that trying new stuff becomes part of the fun IMHO.

I have traditionally used Recteq pellets from day one. I tried a couple of bags of the Kingsford blend when RT started pushing them. Didn’t like them. I felt they burned a lot faster and left a tremendous amount of ash in my 700. I switched back to the Recteq brand.
how do you get Recteq pellets, other than with a new grill?

how do you get Recteq pellets, other than with a new grill?
There are Amazon sellers, and I expect they buy/pickup at recteq HQ. recteq does sell pellets for local pickup, and a better discount than what they are online with a grill purchase. I’m going to be there myself in a week-may bring home some pellets also.

I have been using since I bought mine a couple months ago because that was the recommendation from them. I have no issues with them but want to try others.

Side note: I find it interesting that in the bundle of pellets they have on the website it has switched from Recteq pellets to Cooking pellets.

Side note: I find it interesting that in the bundle of pellets they have on the website it has switched from Recteq pellets to Cooking pellets.
Back when recteq would still sell and ship pellets without a grill purchase, they sold both. That is one reason why there is an assumption that Cookinpellets makes the recteq branded pellets. The two are a different blend, BTW. Here is my receipt from when I bought my Bullseye and pellets last June.

B0789AC0-4E16-4C4E-907D-554F1CD2FD06.jpeg

Back when recteq would still sell and ship pellets without a grill purchase, they sold both. That is one reason why there is an assumption that Cookinpellets makes the recteq branded pellets. The two are a different blend, BTW. Here is my receipt from when I bought my Bullseye and pellets last June.

View attachment 9574
400 pounds, wow!
How much have you used?

400 pounds, wow!
How much have you used?
Well, technically I’ve used all of it. I bought another 160 pounds of recteq pellets when we were at Academy in December, and I have 3 bags of that left. Plus I’m also cooking with Lumber Jack and Bear Mountain. I don’t let my grills cool down for very long, and now that I have a RT-340 next to the Bullseye, I often use both at the same time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back