KC barbeque

BadgerFan

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Stopped in Kansas City last weekend on the way back to Wisconsin for the Summer. Had the pleasure to eat at both Joe’s Bar-B-Que and Jack Stack’s. Both were excellent and both were packed. Joe’s is a gas station and restaurant, although I don’t think I saw any buying gas while we were there. I had the Z-Man sandwich which was brisket, smoked provolone and onion rings on a bun. It was awesome! We got there around 6:30 or so and waited in line outside for probably 20-30 minutes, and waited inside for quite some time as well. I actually didn’t mind as it was kind of part of the appeal. It was definitely worth the wait. When we left about 8:15 there was still a line outside.

Went to Jack Stack’s in the middle of the afternoon and you would have thought it was dinner time as it too was very full. I had a brisket and pulled pork sandwich and it too was very good. Had done fries and their signature beans as well.

I’m definitely glad I had the opportunity to try some of excellent KC barbecue and both places exceeded my expectations. Before Anthony Bourdain’s passing, he said Joe’s was a Top 10 place to visit before you die……or something to that effect. Next time you’re in KC, be sure and stop at one of these places, you won’t regret it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darren in Texas
Back