Bull Jerky Trays for the Bull

JimC

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Ok, I love my Bull but the only thing it is missing are jerky Trays. 800 square inches is great, but wouldn't you live to quadruple your space. I was able to do this with a simple modification.

I bought the camp chef 36 inch jerky Trays (avail at Amazon for $100). Now, they are the perfect legnth for the Bull, but you cant close the lid when you put all 3 trays in unless you make a simple modification. I took the largest tray, used a cut-off tool, to splice out one section of the rack (long ways). Instead of this large section being on the bottom, it is now the top rack and everything fits perfectly. My Bull now has 4 racks, probably 2500+ square inches of smoking madness. It was easy and I don't have any sharp edges.

If you are like me, my family eats my jerky before it even cools down. This is how I maintain my stash.
20200619_101344.jpg

Attachments

• 20200619_101329.jpg
    20200619_101329.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 117
Nice! I actually ordered the woodwind WiFi 36 last weekend but canceled after a couple days to get the bull. Waiting on shipment. I’ll remember this hack...

Ok, I love my Bull but the only thing it is missing are jerky Trays. 800 square inches is great, but wouldn't you live to quadruple your space. I was able to do this with a simple modification.

I bought the camp chef 36 inch jerky Trays (avail at Amazon for $100). Now, they are the perfect legnth for the Bull, but you cant close the lid when you put all 3 trays in unless you make a simple modification. I took the largest tray, used a cut-off tool, to splice out one section of the rack (long ways). Instead of this large section being on the bottom, it is now the top rack and everything fits perfectly. My Bull now has 4 racks, probably 2500+ square inches of smoking madness. It was easy and I don't have any sharp edges.

If you are like me, my family eats my jerky before it even cools down. This is how I maintain my stash.
View attachment 4934
What tool did you actually use?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back