IT'S HEEEERE!

motorman27

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Stampede is here and in it's place at my tiki bar. Burn in done now trying it out with a nice slab of ribs.

You will absolutely not regret your decision to buy the Stampede,unless of course if you are feeding an army. Couple years ago went to have BBQ at a house with a RecTec Bull . We had brisket. Kicked A$$. I just got my Stampede about a month ago and since going RecTec my 3 Kamados and electric smoker have been Idle .

You will absolutely not regret your decision to buy the Stampede,unless of course if you are feeding an army. Couple years ago went to have BBQ at a house with a RecTec Bull . We had brisket. Kicked A$$. I just got my Stampede about a month ago and since going RecTec my 3 Kamados and electric smoker have been Idle .
First of all, I'd never try to feed an army cause I was in the Navy. Second. I too have used a MES electric for about 4 years and from what I've seen of the stampede so far...I'm already looking for a spot to store the MES. THANKS.

First of all, I'd never try to feed an army cause I was in the Navy. Second. I too have used a MES electric for about 4 years and from what I've seen of the stampede so far...I'm already looking for a spot to store the MES. THANKS.
When I got drafted in 1968 we always heard "The Navy gets the gravy but the Army gets the beans" .
My MES 30 basically turned into my dedicated cold smoker when I went Kamado .
I feel guilty now that I'm using the RecTec. Real good BBQ has become way too easy.

When I got drafted in 1968 we always heard "The Navy gets the gravy but the Army gets the beans" .
My MES 30 basically turned into my dedicated cold smoker when I went Kamado .
I feel guilty now that I'm using the RecTec. Real good BBQ has become way too easy.

Well, I was rotating back from a little jungle visit in late '68 with the Air Force...………….You're correct about those Navy guys......……..:ROFLMAO:

As for the kamado, we did pizza tonight and I still prefer the kamado over the Stampede. I tried, but it's a temp thing, the best I could do with the RT was mid 500s, but today I had the KJ getting the stone up to 750-800. Just can't get there with pellets. For most other things bbq though it's tough to beat the RT.

Well, I was rotating back from a little jungle visit in late '68 with the Air Force...………….You're correct about those Navy guys......……..:ROFLMAO:

As for the kamado, we did pizza tonight and I still prefer the kamado over the Stampede. I tried, but it's a temp thing, the best I could do with the RT was mid 500s, but today I had the KJ getting the stone up to 750-800. Just can't get there with pellets. For most other things bbq though it's tough to beat the RT.
I do have to agree . I Can't beat my large Egg to get a nice OO flour pizza crust crispy .
Hitched some rides with those Navy PBR's going up the Saigon river to the Cambodian boarder. They always had Igloo coolers with some nice water . That was uptown for us Grunts . My dog liked it too.
pizza3.jpg
Pizza1.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back