Stampede It’s here with a change...

Like Idiotic, I try to keep my grills and smokers clean. I don't have to worry much about the vents, louvers, holes, because here in the Mojave rain is an oddity. I grilled, didn't smoke, Burgers last night. And after a quick wipe down this morning this is what my Stampede looks like. I've probably done 15 or so Cooks since I got it for Christmas.

Attachments

• 20210417_081544.jpg
    20210417_081544.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
I know the old vents weren’t everyone’s favorite, but these just look like straight up HVAC vents to me. Can’t say I’m a fan...
Is there any reason other than the clogging possibilities that you’d prefer the older vents over the new vents... err, louvers or whatever they might be called?
Or is it just an appearance thing you don’t care for? Or all of the above?

Last edited:
Is there any reason other than the clogging possibilities that you’d prefer the older vents over the new vents... err, louvers or whatever they might be called?
Or is it just an appearance thing you don’t care for? Or all of the above?
Just the appearance, which is completely subjective. Surely plenty of people disagree with me on that though...I personally don’t mind the old vents on my 590 but I know that was a point of contention with lots of members here.

At the end of the day it’s on the back and probably rarely noticed unless cleaning, and I’d probably still purchase a 590 if those were the vents it had. Wasn’t my intention to rain on the excitement of your new grill.

Out of curiosity, did you know you were getting a 590 with updated vents or did you find out once you received it? Just noticed the website doesn’t have updated pictures.

Just the appearance, which is completely subjective. Surely plenty of people disagree with me on that though...I personally don’t mind the old vents on my 590 but I know that was a point of contention with lots of members here.

At the end of the day it’s on the back and probably rarely noticed unless cleaning, and I’d probably still purchase a 590 if those were the vents it had. Wasn’t my intention to rain on the excitement of your new grill.

Out of curiosity, did you know you were getting a 590 with updated vents or did you find out once you received it? Just noticed the website doesn’t have updated pictures.
I had no clue I’d get the updated backside. I had no idea that they had made a change. I had read about a lot of the rain issues so I had every intention of ordering the all-weather vent covers and also sealing them (I do not have a covered patio). The covers weren’t even listed as out of stock on the website when I made my order on Easter. I figured I would just order them later when they were back.
I’m like you... I prefer the look of the old style with the covers on, but if it saves me $25 and the new style keeps the water out, I won’t complain. I’ve always been a function over fashion type anyway.

Couple of things that caught my eye for the RT-590 Stampede is the octagon shape and the optional vents. I like the unique look of the vents better than the newer version lid with louvers.

I had no clue I’d get the updated backside. I had no idea that they had made a change. I had read about a lot of the rain issues so I had every intention of ordering the all-weather vent covers and also sealing them (I do not have a covered patio). The covers weren’t even listed as out of stock on the website when I made my order on Easter. I figured I would just order them later when they were back.
I’m like you... I prefer the look of the old style with the covers on, but if it saves me $25 and the new style keeps the water out, I won’t complain. I’ve always been a function over fashion type anyway.
Wow that’s crazy. Can imagine you’d be surprised when you saw it. Wonder if you would have ordered the covers to go with it if they would have said anything or just would have shipped you an accessory that is no longer compatible?

I’m sure they would have made things right, but seems very “off brand” of them to just slide in a change like that and start shipping without making any mention of it.

Wow that’s crazy. Can imagine you’d be surprised when you saw it. Wonder if you would have ordered the covers to go with it if they would have said anything or just would have shipped you an accessory that is no longer compatible?

I’m sure they would have made things right, but seems very “off brand” of them to just slide in a change like that and start shipping without making any mention of it.
With the volume of grills they receive and ship every day, I‘m not sure what ‘making mention of it’ could possibly look like. They make ongoing changes/improvements to these grills all the time.

Seriously folks, I own a Bull a trailblazer and 2 bullseye's one original one beta. I tell you if you could only afford one RECTE C grill, I would recommend the bullseye. It is my go to grill for everything except maybe brisket. It is the fastest heatup of any RECTE C grill. If someone had the vents on a bullseye clog up, they weren't cleaning the grill at all.

I got mine about a week and a half ago, old style. My concern was after finding out of the new design was that the vent covers were not going to be re-stocked. After a couple of email about my concerns they found a set in the warehouse and they are on their way, so kudos to customer for their help.

With the volume of grills they receive and ship every day, I‘m not sure what ‘making mention of it’ could possibly look like. They make ongoing changes/improvements to these grills all the time.
I mean...updating the website for the outdated information would be a place to start.

I mean...updating the website for the outdated information would be a place to start.
The website has been updated-the vent covers that you mention are no longer offered for sale. Do you think they should schedule a photo shoot to update all promotional photos and redesign the manuals immediately just because of what is a minor design change?

They have changed the back vents. Gone are the 3 oval slots where one might need the all-weather vent covers. I am happy about this...

(picture to follow in the AM)
Ordered my 590 yesterday. Asked about the new vents. They still have some of the old style and it’s luck if the draw which you get. If I get the old style he said I can contact customer service and they will send vent covers for no charge. I’m really okay with either option.

Ordered my 590 yesterday. Asked about the new vents. They still have some of the old style and it’s luck if the draw which you get. If I get the old style he said I can contact customer service and they will send vent covers for no charge. I’m really okay with either option.
You will be happy either way. We have a RT-340 purchased in December along with the vent covers, works great. I’m sure the new louver vents will be great also as long as they are cleaned occasionally. Congrats!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back