Stampede It’s here with a change...

That was a MUCH needed update. I just wish I had waited a little bit longer to get that instead of paying for stupid 60's style Buick vent looking things to keep the rain out of mine.

Your going to have to make sure these new RT 590 designed vents stay clean with the smaller openings they look very similar to the ones on the Bullseye that have cause issues.
Oh no... now you have me scared.. I’ve done a little searching on the forum on the bullseye issues. All I have been able to find is a vent cleaning thread. I don’t suppose you would be able to point me in the right direction to see what to watch out for?

I did just take a closer look from the inside of the 590 and the vent slots do seem pretty thin.

I’m not sure if that is sarcasm or not. But I tend to lean more to the clean-and-shiny camp vs the battle worn camp. And my wife could be the foreman of the clean camp.
However, chicks dig scars, or so I’ve been told. Hopefully, the boss will be able to deal with the battle worn staining too.
I bet smoke stains will look nice. Post some pics before wife cleans them.

I agree with others, not sure if those small slots for vents will start to clog up after several cooks and need cleaning, I guess time will tell :unsure:
Then for those that want to use a blanket, there will need to be a very large cutout over the vents.

Oh no... now you have me scared.. I’ve done a little searching on the forum on the bullseye issues. All I have been able to find is a vent cleaning thread. I don’t suppose you would be able to point me in the right direction to see what to watch out for?

I did just take a closer look from the inside of the 590 and the vent slots do seem pretty thin.
It’s nothing serious-just something to be aware of. Here is a picture I grabbed off the FB Bullseye group that shows how the vents accumulate crud over time, which reduces airflow. There are many ways to deal with it-I clean mine with an old toothbrush before they look as bad as the vents pictured, takes about 15 seconds.
21322B2C-8BAE-4F40-B49D-385AFCF44B88.jpeg

Here is a photo of the new vents
Thank you for posting your photo. The rain/snow(!) gods have not blessed me with their absence this morning. I don’t want to go outside to take a pic.

Have you found that you need to clean your vents often?

Thank you for posting your photo. The rain/snow(!) gods have not blessed me with their absence this morning. I don’t want to go outside to take a pic.

Have you found that you need to clean your vents often?
I actually just received it Tuesday. I did the initial burn in and one cook last night so time will tell.

Here is a photo of the new vents
It appears as though the heat output is much greater on the left side of the grill than the right side....according to the staining. Would love to see some white bread laid across the grill to see if that pattern holds up.

It appears as though the heat output is much greater on the left side of the grill than the right side....according to the staining. Would love to see some white bread laid across the grill to see if that pattern holds up.
I will keep an eye on that. I cooked a couple different things that didn't go on at the same time. For the majority of the cook the side with more staining is the side stuff was on longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back