Is this transparency?

RattleR

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Check out how informative this is. I am not into the subject line so much as I want to know what they really did.

IMG_1485.png

Edit: they never mention improving what has been the Number One problem…..the server band width or complete lack of.

Sounds like total false advertising to me, and I bashed on the server bandwidth when I did that survey. I just use aftermarket probes now anyways, and my grill rarely fluctuates beyond set temperature, at least any temp swings are not drastic nor do they last long. :) How about they tell us more about the bug fixes and performance improvements.......I wasn't having any issues to begin with.

Check out how informative this is. I am not into the subject line so much as I want to know what they really did.

View attachment 21513

Edit: they never mention improving what has been the Number One problem…..the server band width or complete lack of.
They have no intention of improving it. Deal with it or use the Smart Life app and kiss RT goodbye.

Sounds like total false advertising to me, and I bashed on the server bandwidth when I did that survey. I just use aftermarket probes now anyways, and my grill rarely fluctuates beyond set temperature, at least any temp swings are not drastic nor do they last long. :)How about they tell us more about the bug fixes and performance improvements.......I wasn't having any issues to begin with.
You know, if you ("you" in general) look around, I think you'll find that there is far less corporate accountability to their customers than at any time in the past. If you go back to the days before the personal computer (to the "analog" days), it was much more difficult for companies/corporations to get away with crap. Not to say that things were perfect, but I think that companies WERE much more responsive to their customer's needs/wants/desires.

These days, companies seem to be very indifferent to their customers (in spite of the marketing hype they all put out). I can't cite a reason why, I think that society has just moved in that direction. It's odd, because with all the online forums and online reviews (and the potential for getting torched on a wholesale basis), you'd think that companies would be more responsive, not less.

In terms of RecTeq's marketing hype, my 700 is probably the last RecTeq product that I will buy. Why ? My beef with them is over the absolute garbage that they try to pass off as wheels/casters. I had one go "flat". I called RT and (in their defense) they sent a replacement right away. I changed it out and what happened ? The replacement went flat. They are clearly under rated for the load they are expected to carry. RecTeq knows damned good and well of this deficiency, but refuses to address the problem. It's easier/more expeditious to just send out a few free replacements here and there. The other thing that annoys me about the caster situation is that they don't/didn't say a word about it.

Ever called a company about a problem you're having with their product, only to be told "oh, this is the first time we've heard of that". All the while knowing that's bullshit because you know other people that are having the exact same problem ? That's the feeling I have toward RecTeq.

And, I don't get the impression that RecTeq is being honest about "the .gov mandating shutting off the remote start feature". Something's rotten in Denmark. One would think that if that was indeed true, RecTeq would post up the directive. I think they haven't done that because there simply isn't one. Jeebuz, if RecTeq is worried about liability, then just say so, don't lie about it.

Last edited:
You know, if you ("you" in general) look around, I think you'll find that there is far less corporate accountability to their customers than at any time in the past. If you go back to the days before the personal computer (to the "analog" days), it was much more difficult for companies/corporations to get away with crap. Not to say that things were perfect, but I think that companies WERE much more responsive to their customer's needs/wants/desires.

These days, companies seem to be very indifferent to their customers (in spite of the marketing hype they all put out). I can't cite a reason why, I think that society has just moved in that direction. It's odd, because with all the online forums and online reviews (and the potential for getting torched on a wholesale basis), you'd think that companies would be more responsive, not less.

In terms of RecTeq's marketing hype, my 700 is probably the last RecTeq product that I will buy. Why ? My beef is with them over the absolute garbage that they try to pass off as wheels/casters. I had one go "flat". I called RT and (in their defense) they sent a replacement right away. I changed it out and what happened ? The replacement went flat. They are clearly under rated for the load they are expected to carry. RecTeq knows damned good and well of this deficiency, but refuses to address the problem. It's easier/more expeditious to just send out a few free replacements here and there. The other thing that annoys me about the caster situation is that they don't/didn't say a word about it.

Ever called a company about a problem you're having with their product, only to be told "oh, this is the first time we've heard of that". All the while knowing that's bullshit because you know other people that are having the exact same problem ? That's the feeling I have toward RecTeq.

And, I don't get the impression that RecTeq is being honest about "the .gov mandating shutting off the remote start feature". Something's rotten in Denmark. One would think that if that was indeed true, RecTeq would post up the directive. I think they haven't done that because there simply isn't one. Jeebuz, if RecTeq is worried about liability, then just say so, don't lie about it.
Thanks for getting the point people have been trying to make in many threads lately. IMO, this all started when the "sold out" to the investment firm. Customer service went from the best I've ever seen to average. And transparency in many issues went from "lets get it fixed" to if we don't talk about it , it'll go away"...

With that said, they grew so big so fast, things may have gotten a little away from them or made bad decisions. In the end, I still feel its a good product over all. That doesn't change the fact they will lose business over these actions/decisions if they don't go back to its original. Code of business.
And, I too wish it were 100% American made, but that's a whole other issue. There will always be those that praise no matter what and those that complain no matter what but the people inbetween are the ones that usually pay the price in the end .

Sorry I was not meaning to start another rail but the point was they don’t say what they are really “fixing” we know one was removing the remote start feature and others may have been fixing the Android issues, probably created by removing said feature. Spaghetti code I suspect but, just tell us what you really did, please?🙏

Most app updates are vague about what they are really fixing. While I agree Recteq has one MAJOR fix needed I don’t think they are being any less transparent than most app operators.
IMG_6561.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back