Bullseye Is it Spose to do that?

Wizardjankin

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
image.jpg
my father inlaw upgraded his pellet smoker and gave me this one. I don’t know much about it yet but smoke didn’t billow out of the pellet side when I used it the first time

No but it does happen sometimes. I don't know if that is start-up or not but I start my Bullseye with the lid open. And I usually wait a few minutes even when the fire starts with the lid open. This does happen to me from time to time where smoke comes out the hopper. I usually open the hopper lid for a bit also. Usually it stops once the fire is going well.

Also, make sure the vents on the lid are clean and clear. If the smoke can’t get out through those vents, it’ll go through the auger and out through the hopper.
This happened to me when the vent were clogged. Cleaned them and no further problems .

You need to clean the vents on the lid and also the edge of the lid where it closes against the base. Make sure you have the spacer that raises the lid off the base a little. The reason you're getting smoak out of the hopper is the grill can't breathe!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back