Intro

Tino

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
50 years experience, processing, restaurant, smoking /curing, retail, wholesale, and military. Owned master built, treagers (3), 2 rev tecs and commercial equipment. Rev Tec by far has been the best for homeowners. Experience in many areas but very little in charcuterie

Nice have you ever done pastrami, thats the one thing I have yet to try. Keep telling myself i am going to do it but it takes so freakin long and fridge space at least when the wife is in town is at a premium.

@ifican , when you're ready to do pastrami look into the "Close to Katz...." recipe on Amazingribs.com...………………...it made a world of difference to my outcome.

Pastrami

Attachments

• C3CB9894-7072-4E70-8CCC-A8F0A5465DC2.jpeg
    C3CB9894-7072-4E70-8CCC-A8F0A5465DC2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/221900/easy-homemade-pastrami/
Easy tutorial for pastrami. Pastrami and corned beef are close cousins, both starting with the meat being “corned” many years ago we corned our beef ourselves with an occasional venison round thrown in, which is absolutely delicious. I don’t follow this recipe exactly, I use less pepper and I do like to cold smoke for and hour or so. But this is delicious pastrami per the recipe, don’t hurry it, make sure it sits over night still wrapped. In morning unwrap and try to not eat to much of it, it is very good, and was a money maker retail. Good luck

amazingribs is my other home ;-) and that looks tasty.

50 years experience, processing, restaurant, smoking /curing, retail, wholesale, and military. Owned master built, treagers (3), 2 rev tecs and commercial equipment. Rev Tec by far has been the best for homeowners. Experience in many areas but very little in charcuterie
First, thank you for your service.

Also thanks for joining and welcome to RecTecForum. It's a pleasure having you here with us!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back