Injecting brisket

Smoke'n Hot

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Good Evening Pelletheads,
Saturday I am going cook my 4th brisket . The two previous ones I injected on one inch grid Patten . I injected it about an hour before I put them on the smoker. I also did it at 2AM.

So my question is can I inject it tomorrow night around 11 and hit the hay and will the injection stay in the brisket until I put it on the Smoker at 5AM? when I inject turkey or chicken I always do it right before I cook it. So , I m curious is it good to inject and refrigerate for a few hours ? Thanks.

I find with brisket, the way to go is to start the night before. The first 8-9 hours are just smoke, so why not sleep. If you wrap, wrap in the morning. The brisket will keep in a cooler until needed.

@Smoke'n Hot: I've injected brisket the night before and thrown it on early morning. No harm, and may even allow the marinade to distribute throughout the brisket. You should be fine.

I find with brisket, the way to go is to start the night before. The first 8-9 hours are just smoke, so why not sleep. If you wrap, wrap in the morning. The brisket will keep in a cooler until needed.
Thanks. I am doing the cook starting early in the AM ,say 4or 5. I have done the night before thing. Thhis time I am trying to get the cook finished around 5 .

This is the brisket around 8 AM.
IMG_20210710_090101681.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back