Bull Increasing temp

RickDyke

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi all, newbie here. Have had the Bull about 8 weeks, first few weeks were spot on for temp maintains setting, here in Eastern WA it’s cold now, 30s..... recently it had been running hotter than my set temps, did s good cleaning, ( 8 year veteran with a Traeger so know to keep it clean ) I dropped the auger speed down to 4.5 from the factory setting, it was better but still gaining about 25 degrees from my set point. I would expect this in the hot summer, kind of surprises me in the cold, the consistent temperature control was one of the things that had me purchase the Bull, any thoughts? I checked the plug on the thermocouple, all is good, I bought the temp probe and did a 14 lb prime rib for Xmas, temp was spot on , I just had to keep a close on on the temp swings........ pretty much my Traeger issues. Needing to figure this one out, like to do long smokes, don’t like to babysit.

What did RT tech support say when you asked them? You did call them right?

What you describe isn't normal for these.

Are you judging the delta from the reported pit temp on the controller, or from a secondary temperature probe?

I'm just grasping at straws, so Bob's suggestion is far better than mine, but if I were in your shoes and were interested in attempting some steps while awaiting feedback from R-T I'd first be interested in validating the controller's reported pit temp. As such, I'd insert a secondary temp probe in the pit for comparison. Then, just as a sanity check if need be, I'd revert to the default auger min feed rate of 65 (I'm assuming there aren't other generations with different settings) and check the results again and also verify the integrity of my pellets (I've read of some folks using heating pellets). Forgive me if this feedback is insulting but we sometimes know so little about others since all we know is what is written. I hope you get this sorted out very soon!

I have noticed the same in my Stampede. Even 10° difference outside, and it is kinda all over the place in accordance to my Inkbird which is highly accurate each and every time tested. Dropped the feed rate very slightly, and adjusted the output % . Seems to work great, and then kind of takes off again. Going to try again this week "empty" and see what I can do. Using pellets ordered with the bundle package.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClemsonTiger99
Back