I love my TW Signals!

Jim6820

Crazy Ol’ Basque
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Smoking a chuck roast today and, as usual, monitoring the cook with my ThermoWorks SIgnals. I’ve been using the Signals for more than a year now, and I can’t say enough good things about this unit. Full disclosure: I have no affiliation with ThermoWorks except for being a VERY satisfied user of their products.

I have long-since abandoned the RecTeq app and probes as I could never get it to connect reliably and stay connected; especially on holidays and weekends. The TW Signals app connects every time and has never dropped out. With 4 ports on the Signals, I can monitor grill temp and 3 different pieces of protein. I’ve checked the probe calibration with both ice-water bath and boiling water, and they are spot on.

There are a bunch of temperature monitoring devices on the market and I’ve tried a number of them, but nothing has approached the accuracy and reliability of the ThermoWorks units. I have several of them, but the most used are the Signals and ThermaPen One. I consider them essential cooking tools. YMMV

I have recently ordered a Combustion Inc. wireless probe unit for use on rotisserie cooks, but have not yet received it. Hopefully, it will be as good as the TW units have been. Had TW offered a wireless probe, I most likely would have opted for that, but they don’t—despite my urging them to do so. :rolleyes:

I've got my TW Signals coming in today I think hopefully in the mail - got my RT earlier so going to be a good weekend! Glad to hear they work well. I opted for the signals setup and also got a thermapen one as well.

I've got my TW Signals coming in today I think hopefully in the mail - got my RT earlier so going to be a good weekend! Glad to hear they work well. I opted for the signals setup and also got a thermapen one as well.
You are off to a great start, IMO! Those two temperature-monitoring devices will serve you well for a long time and TW is superb at customer service in the unlikely event that you need it. (y)

And, don’t forget that the probe on the Thermapen One is perfect for checking tenderness. When it slides into the protein easily (think into a full jar of peanut butter or a brick of soft butter), you are good to go.

I'm very happy with all of my Thermoworks stuff. I'm kicking tires on justifying a second Thermoworks Signals so I can have 7 food probes on my semi-annual larger cooks. I keep the peace at home by immediately handing off the jelly beans that seem to come with every purchase.

My wife has been complaining that I run the A/C too much as she likes it hot. Today I hooked up my ambient air temperature probe and walked up to her showing that the indoor air temp was at 80 degrees. She was not amused, but I did turn on the A/C...if even just to 78.

I'm very happy with all of my Thermoworks stuff. I'm kicking tires on justifying a second Thermoworks Signals so I can have 7 food probes on my semi-annual larger cooks. I keep the peace at home by immediately handing off the jelly beans that seem to come with every purchase.

My wife has been complaining that I run the A/C too much as she likes it hot. Today I hooked up my ambient air temperature probe and walked up to her showing that the indoor air temp was at 80 degrees. She was not amused, but I did turn on the A/C...if even just to 78.
Ah, yes; the old Jelly Bean trick! I use that one myself. :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back