I am back šŸ˜‚

Bbqallday80

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Itā€™s been about a year since Iā€™ve checked in here. Lots have happened in a year. Health is terrible but hanging in there. Question for everyone. Iā€™m about to get a new Rec Tec and Iā€™m looking at the deck boss or the 700 thatā€™s only for pick up. I have a lot of physical issues with back and legs and heart. Is the 700 probably to much. I cook for just a small family of 3. Is the deck boss plenty. Thanks and glad to be back

Itā€™s been about a year since Iā€™ve checked in here. Lots have happened in a year. Health is terrible but hanging in there. Question for everyone. Iā€™m about to get a new Rec Tec and Iā€™m looking at the deck boss or the 700 thatā€™s only for pick up. I have a lot of physical issues with back and legs and heart. Is the 700 probably to much. I cook for just a small family of 3. Is the deck boss plenty. Thanks and glad to be back
Welcome back. I am sorry to hear of your health challenges and hope you can recover quickly. I donā€™t have the new units but I am constantly surprised at how often the extra capacity of my RT700 Bull comes in handy. I may only be doing a single pork butt or brisket at times but I now use the extra space for veggies, side dishes and even desserts since it will be running anyway. When it comes to grills and smokers, the old adage of ā€œit is better to have and not use than to need and not haveā€, rules. YMMV.

If you want to get a smaller unit thatā€˜s easier to assemble, move around, and only cook for 3, I canā€™t see why the Deck Boss wouldnā€™t be fine.

Iā€˜d think it depends on how much you foresee yourself cooking on it at one time?

Anyone know if the patio legend can fit a whole Turkey in it? I think Iā€™m ruling the 700 out and now looking at the 410 and 590. Any thoughts on the 410? Thanks everyone

My 340 only has 7ā€ of headroom, Iā€™ve tried and can not fit a turkey in the door cutout, I have to spatchcock them. The 410 has the same 7ā€ as mine, get the 590.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back