Howdy from a new 590 owner in Utah.

SmokedPizza

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I'm a long-time wanna be barbecuer. I used to have an electric smoker, and made a few nice things on it, but it was just too hard to use, and it kept on tripping breakers, so I didn't use it, and it rusted away on the back patio. After getting rid of that, I would occasionally smoke some baby backs on my 3-burner propane grill. I have been wanting to smoke all the things for some time, and finally settled on a pellet grill. After doing my research, I settled on Recteq, and ordered an RT-590.

I got it for Father's day. I set it up last Saturday and cooked some chicken thighs after a burn-in. They were very good. Sunday, I did four racks of baby backs for my extended family and they came out absolutely perfect. I earned major kudos.

Today, I threw a Papa Murphy's pizza in it, and it cooked up just fine. I'm so happy with this unit already... I can't wait to make bigger and better stuff. I ordered up a smoke tube from Amazon, and I'm ready for briskets and Boston butts, and pork belly, and everything! I can't wait.

Welcome fellow 590 owner! You will find yourself on this forum all time. So much knowledge and experience...and most importantly, great people.

Welcome to the forum, @SmokedPizza; glad you joined us here. Lots of good folks here to bounce ideas off and we're always open to input from new folks. Sounds like you are already off to a great start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back