Bullseye Higher Temperature on initial burn in help

georgetown0821

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hey guys, I am new to the pellet grills. I got everything put together. I upgraded the grate to Stainless Steel by Big Poppa Smokers that some suggested on here. I seasoned the inside and grate lightly with vegetable oil. I put my Weber Grill ambient probe inside on the middle of the grate. I set the bullseye to 400, it got really hot after 20 minutes I had to turn it off.

I let everything cool off, I did a 2nd run. This time I set it to 300 degrees, The bullseye said it was at 305 but my ambient probe kept climbing over 400 degrees then started to back down after 20 minutes but still was a big diffidence in temperature.

I increased the temperature on the bullseye to 325, it took about 15 minutes to get there. My probe got up to 465 then slowly started to come back down to around 430.

Its basically showing a 100-130 degree difference in the bullseye temp and my weber probe.

The pellets I am using are Lumberjack competition blended made out of 100% virgin tree fiber. Not even sure what that is, I honestly didn't read that you need to use 100% hardwood. Could this be the issue or could my probe be bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to get this thing right before I cook on it.

Attachments

• tempImageSX3nWT.png
    tempImageSX3nWT.png
    15.5 MB · Views: 220
  • tempImageEClS1y.png
    tempImageEClS1y.png
    13.1 MB · Views: 85
Call RT for assistance would be my suggestion.

I have the same issue! The burn in and the last 3 smokes all ran at really high temps.
Call RT and they sent me a new RTD. Last thing I wanted to do with a new purchase, is take it apart.
Gonna see if it settles down after a few more smokes.

I have the same issue! The burn in and the last 3 smokes all ran at really high temps.
Call RT and they sent me a new RTD. Last thing I wanted to do with a new purchase, is take it apart.
Replacing the RTD isn't for folks with big hands.

Did you request a new grill by chance? Customer service emailed me back this morning, said on the initial burn in it learns its surroundings and temps will fluctuate but not this high. I switched pellet brands this evening, same results.

What is a RTD?

Did you request a new grill by chance? Customer service emailed me back this morning, said on the initial burn in it learns its surroundings and temps will fluctuate but not this high. I switched pellet brands this evening, same results.

What is a RTD?
Resistance Temperature Detector

The grill learned when the PID was programmed.

Did my burn in last night after assembly. It did go high and then went low and back to the Set Point temp of 400F and stayed rock solid between 399 and 401 for the next hour. We shall see how it does tonight with some steaks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back