Hey from Cincinnati Area

ScottR18

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I live in the Greater Cincinnati area, technically in Union KY which is 10 miles south of Cincy. I work in the craft beer industry as an IT person and I am a Certified Cicerone.

I started with a WSM and about 3 months ago started looking to upgrade. Was down to a horizontal offset or a pellet grill. Then I settled on a pellet grill and was down to two different manufacturers and models. I went with the RT-700 Bull and so far I am very happy with it. My only negative is not with the grill but with the cover. It is a pain in the ass to get on and off.

I live in the Greater Cincinnati area, technically in Union KY which is 10 miles south of Cincy. I work in the craft beer industry as an IT person and I am a Certified Cicerone.

I started with a WSM and about 3 months ago started looking to upgrade. Was down to a horizontal offset or a pellet grill. Then I settled on a pellet grill and was down to two different manufacturers and models. I went with the RT-700 Bull and so far I am very happy with it. My only negative is not with the grill but with the cover. It is a pain in the ass to get on and off.
Welcome! You made a great choice, I'm very happy with my Bull. Great brand specific forum here with a lot of good folks who'll help you out with any questions you may have. Can't wait to see pics of your cooks!

Welcome. Yeah, getting the cover on and off is a pain. I just became way to lazy and I do not use it anymore. I know I will come to regret that someday. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about future cooks.

Congrats and welcome aboard. Yeah, the cover is a little aggravating. After a while you'll get the combination down and it won't be near the problem.

Congrats and welcome aboard. Yeah, the cover is a little aggravating. After a while you'll get the combination down and it won't be near the problem.
This. I don’t know if you have the smoker box also, but that makes it even more challenging. But in time it becomes easier to get the cover on and off. I find it easiest to work from end to end, working a little at a time. The horns are the most challenging when getting the cover off. The accessory shelf is the most challenging when putting the cover on, when the operator forgets to drop it to the down position!

Best thing I did for the included RT 700 Bull cover with smokebox in the package I bought last July was to store it in the original unopened box in my basement.

This. I don’t know if you have the smoker box also, but that makes it even more challenging. But in time it becomes easier to get the cover on and off. I find it easiest to work from end to end, working a little at a time. The horns are the most challenging when getting the cover off. The accessory shelf is the most challenging when putting the cover on, when the operator forgets to drop it to the down position!
Good point...I don't have the smoker box. Still worth the trouble :)

Yeah I am sure after awhile it will stretch just enough to make it easier.

For those who leave the cover off, you don't worry about getting moisture in the pellet hopper?

Yeah I am sure after awhile it will stretch just enough to make it easier.

For those who leave the cover off, you don't worry about getting moisture in the pellet hopper?
Nope I would be more worried using the cover and condensation getting to the pellets in the hopper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back