Hey all!

Eric.M

Happy to be new member currently awaiting delivery of a new Dualfire firebox bundle! I'm new to Recteq (been wanting to upgrade from my 11 YO GMG for a long while) but i'm not new to smoking. Im excited to soak up all the knowledge I can find here from like minded people, so thank you in advance.

I've never been part of, or posted to, any forum so let's hope I'm doing this correctly. I'm a man 'of a certain age' and 'computer' is definitely not my first language. Hoping it's not inappropriate to post a question my first run out of the gate! So here goes...

I'm hoping to have upgraded casters on hand to install during the primary grill install. I read terrible things about Recteq casters and would like to just skip them altogether. Anyone able to point me at a thread with some upgrade options?

Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the forum! I could be mistaken, but I believe I’ve heard that the current version of the recteq casters have been improved.
Thanks Greg! Happy to hear that may be the case. With that knowledge, I'll likely wait for the delivery and have a close look at the casters provided.

Welcome to the forum, @Eric.M; glad to have you join us here.

I fully understand the "man 'of a certain age' and 'computer' is definitely not my first language" comment. :ROFLMAO: My "certain age" is probably a lot more "certain" than yours. :rolleyes:

You'll do just fine here and there are lots of great folks on this forum that will help you learn the ropes. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We go by the rule that "the only dumb question is the one you should have asked but didn't."

Welcome aboard @Eric.M . Asking and answering questions as well as getting and giving input is the main purpose of the forum. Oh, and occasionally showing off a good cook or two 😉. We do expect pictures!

Welcome aboard @Eric.M . Asking and answering questions as well as getting and giving input is the main purpose of the forum. Oh, and occasionally showing off a good cook or two 😉. We do expect pictures!
Thanks for the warm, smoky welcome! I'll be sure to get some pics of my cooks. It'll probably take me longer to figure out how to post them than it will to finish a long cook! Ha!

Oh, nevermind... I see the "attach files" button. Game on Waterboy!

Welcome to the forum, @Eric.M; glad to have you join us here.

I fully understand the "man 'of a certain age' and 'computer' is definitely not my first language" comment. :ROFLMAO: My "certain age" is probably a lot more "certain" than yours. :rolleyes:

You'll do just fine here and there are lots of great folks on this forum that will help you learn the ropes. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We go by the rule that "the only dumb question is the one you should have asked but didn't."
Thank you Jim6820!! Happy to be aboard. Looking forward to learning even more about about this hobby, or is it a religion? Hehe.

Thanks for the warm, smoky welcome! I'll be sure to get some pics of my cooks. It'll probably take me longer to figure out how to post them than it will to finish a long cook! Ha!

Oh, nevermind... I see the "attach files" button. Game on Waterboy!
My certain age causes me to forget….. the pictures because in my past you had to have a camera handy 🙄

Welcome and happy cooking to come 🍻

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back