Hello

Zekedogg

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Hello all, I’m from Pittsburgh and new to Recteq but not smoking. I just bought an RT1250 I’ve currently been smoking meats on a Weber Smokey Mountain. I had just gotten tired of having to be checking temperatures all the time. Looking forward to setting a temperature and walking away till it’s time to spray.
Thanks for your time

Hello all, I’m from Pittsburgh and new to Recteq but not smoking. I just bought an RT1250 I’ve currently been smoking meats on a Weber Smokey Mountain. I had just gotten tired of having to be checking temperatures all the time. Looking forward to setting a temperature and walking away till it’s time to spray.
Thanks for your time
Welcome to the forum

Welcome. If steady temps is what you are looking for you’ll be happy. I’ve gotten many a good night’s sleep cooking briskets and pork butts.
Enjoy the 1250 and keep as posted on your cooks.

Glad to have you join us here, @Zekedogg; lots of experienced smokers and grillers on the forum who are willing to offer advice and counsel. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for your time
Welcome Zekedogg! You’re going to love your new toy. As others have mentioned there is a lot of collective knowledge amongst the members, so don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Thanks for your time
Zekedogg
Welcome to the forum. You will find it filled with tips, advice and the occasional complaint. May your experiences here go well. I also think you are spot on for why we tend to migrate to cookers like the RecTeq. Babysitting is great when you don’t have a choice. But when you do, it is nice to rejoin guests and society as the food takes care of itself. After a gazillion cooks you start to realize the importance of socializing and taking it easy.

Just my thoughts, enjoy your RT1250.

Welcome and congratulations on your new 1250!

Yes, the babysitting was the major reason I switched to a pellet smoker.
The app is great as well for checking in on the cook.
Welcome to the group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back