Hello from Wyoming!

Debonweb

Looking for advice on which RecTec model to choose. We are leaning towards the Stampede, mainly because we really don't need one as big as the Bull. My biggest concern is grilling in our very cold, very windy Wyoming winters. A ‘cold weather’ blanket is offered for the Bull, but not the Stampede. ‘Chef Greg’ from RecTec assured me in an email that a blanket is not necessary, but I am not convinced. Why does RecTec offer one for the Bull if it is not necessary?
I have seen other posts mention a welding blanket for cold temps.
Has anyone out there used one for the Stampede? Do you just lay it over the grill? And where can you find one?

@Debonweb Welcome, hopefully you'll find the information contained in various posts helpful in your decision making process. I own the Stampede aka RT-590 as I couldn't justify the added cost for what I consider minimal upgrades when going to the Bull aka RT-700. It has treated us well from the get go and would recommend it to anyone.

As for the cold weather blanket, here is a link to a post where a member utilizes a welding blanket (with some minor modifications) on their Stampede.

https://www.rectecforum.com/threads/its-cold-outside-so-i-decided-to-bundle-up.170/

Again, Welcome and good luck on your decision!

I wasn't able to find anybody with firsthand experience either. I'll find out this winter I guess. In Wyoming your altitude may have an impact as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back