Hello from So Cal

VINSANITY

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi all!

Just got my Bull last Thursday and have already done a couple of cooks on it so far and everything came out great. Its been fun. I have never owned a pellet grill before and the ease of cooking has been awesome! Been using my WSM that last few years and it’s been great but boy do I love the idea of not having to watch it all the time and set up. I got a two inch thick ribeye I will be doing a reverse sear for the first time today and finishing it off on my Weber gas or kettle to sear it. Any advise on that would be great. So far my Bull has worked perfect even the app set up was easy. I am truly digging this thing.
D2E00585-ECB5-4BC5-A388-0A8731F5BB39.jpeg
C85A48B4-BD21-43F6-8F6F-9E4B4CAC9244.jpeg
ADDD96B8-F0AE-494F-B6DE-C296A3FA4439.jpeg

Welcome, looks great neighbor! I've had my Bull with competition cart for about two months. Super happy with it. You anywhere near HB?

I’m up between Fresno and Bakersfield. Nice heat wave we’re having, right 😉

Welcome to the group, and a fine group it is. If you have a side burner on your gasser and a cast iron skillet, I love using those tools to reverse sear my steaks. Put the CI on the burner to get it really hot. I have ghee in the house so I use ghee instead of regular butter (you can use clarified butter) because the ghee will take a hotter temp before burning. 1 minute per side in a very hot CI gives a grate sear. Steak sounds good for dinner now, but alas, I have a few racks of ribs on the pit now due to come off in the next hour or so. Enjoy your steak and enjoy your Bull.

Welcome to the group, and a fine group it is. If you have a side burner on your gasser and a cast iron skillet, I love using those tools to reverse sear my steaks. Put the CI on the burner to get it really hot. I have ghee in the house so I use ghee instead of regular butter (you can use clarified butter) because the ghee will take a hotter temp before burning. 1 minute per side in a very hot CI gives a grate sear. Steak sounds good for dinner now, but alas, I have a few racks of ribs on the pit now due to come off in the next hour or so. Enjoy your steak and enjoy your Bull.
Nice! Thanks for the info. Enjoy your ribs tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back