Grills about to become REALLY popular

GAVIN NEWSOM SIGNS LAW REQUIRING FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS TO
PAY $20 PER HOUR

California Christmas gonna be bbq and infomercial cooking gadgets.
$12 Big Mac

That calls for closing the lid on the
1696070276558.gif

If they actually came out like that they may still be able to get $20 for a quarter pounder with cheese.
Big Mac was the first reality photo I could find. If you look hard - there are two meat patties in there.
View attachment 20233
What kind of meat🤔

Gonna be fewer $20 workers and more robotic operations.
I think you’re right. I’m all for paying people a fair wage for the work they perform, but at some point, the value of the work being performed will fall below the mandated wage. If we aren’t there yet, we’re fast getting there.

I’ve seen the price of a decent burger in our area hit $12-$15, and that’s without fries or other sides. These high prices are driving customers away and burger places will either cut the number of employees to keep prices down, or they will close for lack of customers.

We used to go to a high-end place that had great burgers, but have stopped because the product has gotten smaller and less attractive, and the customer service has disappeared. After getting cold burgers and fries on a couple of occasions—and letting management know about it with no improvement—we have simply quit going.

Interestingly enough, there’s a local chain of burger joints that has kept its prices on the lower end of the scale, its product quality well above average and its customer service stellar. Guess where we now go?

I think you’re right. I’m all for paying people a fair wage for the work they perform, but at some point, the value of the work being performed will fall below the mandated wage. If we aren’t there yet, we’re fast getting there.

I’ve seen the price of a decent burger in our area hit $12-$15, and that’s without fries or other sides. These high prices are driving customers away and burger places will either cut the number of employees to keep prices down, or they will close for lack of customers.

We used to go to a high-end place that had great burgers, but have stopped because the product has gotten smaller and less attractive, and the customer service has disappeared. After getting cold burgers and fries on a couple of occasions—and letting management know about it with no improvement—we have simply quit going.

Interestingly enough, there’s a local chain of burger joints that has kept its prices on the lower end of the scale, its product quality well above average and its customer service stellar. Guess where we now go?
@Greg Jones house 🤔

What’s a fair wage for a Whopper flopper or a fry guy? Heck, it’s mostly automated as it is, just flip a basket that lifted itself out of the grease or add toppings to a burger that came off a conveyor. Need more $ better yourself and get a better skill set that pays more. Heck, be a waiter or waitress- if you’re good it pays really well- in tips.
Been there, done that, I think wages were around 3.35/hr when I started. Even then there were people who weren’t worth it.

Separate front the mini rant above, has anyone but me made 50/50 burgers? Half moo half oink? Tis tasty, it’s really for the different taste and texture. At best it saves you maybe 25%, so that’s not really the reason to do it.

I’d wager that by this time next year we’ll be higher the CA. As goes California, so goes Massachusetts.

all it does is feed the inflation beast.

Separate front the mini rant above, has anyone but me made 50/50 burgers? Half moo half oink? Tis tasty, it’s really for the different taste and texture. At best it saves you maybe 25%, so that’s not really the reason to do it.
These are rare creatures, maybe medium rare?
1696235726778.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back