Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
I think it's the charcoal I'm using.
20210214_062411.jpg

I wanted to cook a pizza on the Bullseye last night and there was so much ice on the cover I was afraid I would rip it if I took it off. Things are not any better, and I have a Wagyu tri-tip on the menu for the Valentines Day meal. Fingers crossed.

I wanted to cook a pizza on the Bullseye last night and there was so much ice on the cover I was afraid I would rip it if I took it off. Things are not any better, and I have a Wagyu tri-tip on the menu for the Valentines Day meal. Fingers crossed.
I put the brisket in the freezer due to weather and have rib eye steaks in marinade. Hopefully I won't bust my a$$ trying to grill today.

About 10 mins with a hairdryer and your in. Sure would think once up to set temp, that it would hold pretty easily. Pretty small area. Good Luck...

So I should have started my own thread about the KOW Steaks Wagyu tri-tip, but here we are! Almost no trimming was needed, just a little silver skin. It was seasoned with recteq’s Ben’s Heifer Dust and Boars Night Out White Lightning. Seared it 4 minutes per side on the Bullseye at 500* on the GrillGrates. I checked the grate temp with an IR gun first (620*) and I used the rib side of the grates as I ‘may’ enter a SCA steak cook off this year, and I wanted to practice the sear process that all SCA cooks use.

I then moved the tri-tip to the RT-340, 250* for about an hour to a IT of 125*, pulled it, and let it rest under foil for 20 minutes. Meanwhile I lowered the temp on the Bullseye to 450* and cooked duck fat steak fries for 30 minutes and Brussels sprouts for about 15 minutes.

As a disclaimer, I don’t think I have ever eaten tri-tip in my life as I have never seen it for sale in Kentucky, and butchers don’t seem interested in getting me one. Therefore, I have nothing to compare this one to, but it was absolutely wonderful! The flavor was wonderful, tender, juicy. We could not have asked for better. I drizzled the juice from the cutting board over the meat before taking the picture and it makes the cuts look splotchy. I wish I had taken the picture first as it looked perfect.

0DA38E5D-3C91-4E72-BB1F-4359F7AC1AB9.jpeg
12DF7A23-2013-42B4-98EB-2CFA641D764E.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavro85
Back