Griddle advice / test

SmokeOCD

I was cooking some bacon, noticing the edges (front and back) getting crispy ahead of the rest of the bacon. This is obviously due to the drip tray. Has anyone / does anyone take out the tray to use their griddle? I'm imagining much improved griddle action. I plan to test this anyway and report back, just wondering if anyone has experimented with the idea prior to this. Snow today - so it will wait a bit, but I plan to report back on the results.

Just a thought...leave the heat on a little longer and see if the griddle comes up to the same temp in all areas.

I use the griddle on the Bullseye often (not too often on my 1250 or 590) and I let it go a good 5-10 mins after the grill is at temp to ensure the griddle is evenly heated. That seems to work for me.

100% improvement. Large recteq griddle fits perfect front to back, no grates , no drip pan.
I just did another pack of bacon, when flipping it- every piece was colored the same. I also needed to lower the set temperature because I’m not overcoming the drip pan only allowing heat to rise from slits on the front and back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back