Good morning from the Sunshine State.

CoachMash

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Delivery is coming today for my RT-340. Pellets I ordered won’t be here in time so I have to go get a bag for the burn in. Been shopping this thing out for months and I still feel unprepared. Don’t know what first cook is going to be. Just excited to have the grill I’ve heard so much about. Thank you for allowing me to stalk your posts and read your reviews.

@CoachMash, you will love it! We almost went with the Trailblazer, but I talked my wife into the Stampede for two reasons: competition cart (better wheels for moving on gravel surfaces), and longer warranty. By explaining what a longer warranty for the Trailblazer might do to the Trailblazer’s overall cost, and then tacking on the proof that competition cart wheels would Make it easier for her to pull the grill across gravel when I was traveling for work, I was able to justify the additional cost of a Stampede and closed the deal. :cool:

Of course, I have had to follow that up with an extensive amount of cooks (4-5 days per week), but it’s been a blast....and wifey not having to spend so much time in the kitchen earns me bonus points....happy wife, happy life.

Although smaller in stature, the Trailblazer cooking experience should be the same as the Stampede, so if you are like me, once you complete your first cook, you won’t believe you waited so long to purchase one.

I can’t wait. I have a good friend that has the Bull and he convinced me to spend a little more and get the RecTec. I live in an apartment and there are only 2 of us so anything bigger wasn’t needed. I decided to do a Butt for my first cook. I’ve cook a ton of them over the years in various contraptions, so I hope there is less chance for a mistake.

Great choice! My wife texted all of our family to ask for their protein choices before they arrived for the holidays. So far, I’ve done a whole turkey breast and seared burgers w/smoked beans n’ bacon....tonight they want to eat out...tomorrow is homemade pizza, Christmas Day is a ham, Thursday is a butt, and Friday is a tie between poultry and steaks....I said we could just do both and have leftovers all weekend...decisions, decisions....

So grill came and I quickly put it together and started the burn in procedure. While burn in was happening realized I could not hook up to WiFi. Got up this morning and called my internet folks for some help and they took care of my WiFi issues. Fired up the smoker and put a butt on it for my first cook. Had trouble installing probe into Port A. It went in but doesn’t stay tight and won’t read the meat. So I put it in Port B and it worked fine. Waited until my cook was complete to call Rec Tec and they were closed for the Holidays. No biggie I will call after Christmas. Oh by the way Boston Butt turned out PHENOMENAL. MERRY CHRISTMAS to my REC TEC family.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back