First time shorts

Blues1

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Put them on at 11:30 this morning. I'm hungry!
Short ribs.JPG

Dang those look awesome! What's with the taters?

Never smoked taters before. Looks interesting. Mind sharing how and what you do to them?

Turned out pretty good. Some really tender, a couple not as much. I learn every time I cook.

Rinse potato and set on the cutting board. I lay two wooden spoons on each side. (Could use anything) When you slice, the spoons keep the knife from going all the way through. I rub with olive oil, then anything else you think would taste good. I put a little rub, then butter a little as it cooks. "Hassleback Potato" is what it's called. Google it, lot's out there on it. I actually still don't have the cook time just right...

Attachments

• Hassleback Potato.JPG
    Hassleback Potato.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
  • Shorts.JPG
    Shorts.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
Dang all of looks amazing and thanks for the info on the potatoes...have to give it try next smoke

Americas test kitchen has the best (THE BEST) recipe for making a baked potato. You could apply that technique with the hasselback and maybe come up with a good combination.
The spoon idea is brilliant!

Americas test kitchen has the best (THE BEST) recipe for making a baked potato. You could apply that technique with the hasselback and maybe come up with a good combination.
The spoon idea is brilliant!

I'll check them out...

Talked to the local butcher about getting some plate ribs. I have never tried to cook them yet. Yours look fantastic Blues. Nice job! Like the hasslebacks too.

My favorite way to do baked potatoes is to leave the skin on, rub olive oil on them, then season with granulated garlic, or garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then, place on the oven rack and bake for about an hour until the skin gets crispy and inside is cooked. You can accelerate that by microwaving the potatoes for a while first, then putting them in the oven. They come out damned good with the crispy seasoned skin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back