Stampede Feeding the work crew!!

Motodad1776

Premium Member!
Premium Member
I smoked up 30 pounds of pork shoulder all day Saturday and into early morning Sunday, doing this for the crew at work for Thanksgiving. Gonna be for lunch today, so letting it warm up nice and slow at 170F for the next 6 hours to be ready for 11:45 lunch. I live a whopping 2 miles from work, I must admit I am spoiled by the daily commute and being able to go home for lunch everyday to let the dogs out. I’ve only been at my new role for about 2 months, so hoping my contribution and time spent will earn me some brownie points. Turned out wonderful as usual, and the 590 didn’t miss a beat as usual…….love this damn grill. I had just put the butts on in the first pic, but the color from the rub was already a thing of beauty. I used Lumberjack pellets apple/cherry/oak blend for the smoke, and the flavor was pretty spot on if I say so myself "of course I sampled during the pull". :)

IMG_0905.jpeg

IMG_0906.jpeg

Last edited:
I smoked up 30 pounds of pork shoulder all day Saturday and into early morning Sunday, doing this for the crew at work for Thanksgiving. Gonna be for lunch today, so letting it warm up nice and slow at 170F for the next 6 hours to be ready for 11:45 lunch. I live a whopping 2 miles from work, I must admit I am spoiled by the daily commute and being able to go home for lunch everyday to let the dogs out. I’ve only been at my new role for about 2 months, so hoping my contribution and time spent will earn me some brownie points. Turned out wonderful as usual, and the 590 didn’t miss a beat as usual…….love this damn grill. I had just put the butts on in the first pic, but the color from the rub was already a thing of beauty. I used Lumberjack pellets apple/cherry/oak blend for the smoke, and the flavor was pretty spot on if I say so myself "of course I sampled during the pull". :)

View attachment 20619

View attachment 20620
NOICE !!!

Everyone was so appreciative and some were surprised as they didn't know I was doing this. I got a lot of compliments, this was all so worth it........of course I'm gonna do it again in the future. :) I must be one of the lucky ones or perhaps just doing something right, but I get the best smoke ring/bark and smoke flavor from this grill, maybe the 590 being smallest and different design is better at that?

I smoked up 30 pounds of pork shoulder all day Saturday and into early morning Sunday, doing this for the crew at work for Thanksgiving. Gonna be for lunch today, so letting it warm up nice and slow at 170F for the next 6 hours to be ready for 11:45 lunch. I live a whopping 2 miles from work, I must admit I am spoiled by the daily commute and being able to go home for lunch everyday to let the dogs out. I’ve only been at my new role for about 2 months, so hoping my contribution and time spent will earn me some brownie points. Turned out wonderful as usual, and the 590 didn’t miss a beat as usual…….love this damn grill. I had just put the butts on in the first pic, but the color from the rub was already a thing of beauty. I used Lumberjack pellets apple/cherry/oak blend for the smoke, and the flavor was pretty spot on if I say so myself "of course I sampled during the pull"Gr
Great Job!!!

View attachment 20619

View attachment 20620
Wow! That’s a nice looking tray of pulled pork. I think you made a good impression at work. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back