Dualfire vs Flagship

Kcpitdaddy

Many of you guys own the 380X deluxe bullet AND a 590, 700, 1250 etc.

Is this Dualfire worth an extra $500 +/-?

Actually with the 20% off sale, it's more like $700 I think.

Just trying to make sense out of passing up a great deal on the Flagship hoping there is some sale on the dualfire for Black Friday...

The sear kits look like they can about do what you need on the base smokers.

Just hoping to get rational for you guys that own both. If you didn't own one, knowing what you know now about how these work, which would you buy without question?

Keeping That 70lb hopper full is also kind of intimidating 😳 lol

I would buy the 380 and 700 (Flagship) again over the DualFire as long as I have the space and budget. The direct fire portion of the DualFire seems cramped compared to the 380. The only advantages I see in the DualFire are headroom and the space needed for the grill(s). Also, I have a couple of Weber kettle accessories that I use in the 380 that wouldn’t fit on the DualFire.

I would buy the 380 and 700 (Flagship) again over the DualFire as long as I have the space and budget. The direct fire portion of the DualFire seems cramped compared to the 380. The only advantages I see in the DualFire are headroom and the space needed for the grill(s). Also, I have a couple of Weber kettle accessories that I use in the 380 that wouldn’t fit on the DualFire.
If you were only going to get one recently, would you get the 380x bullet or the 700/1100 flagship? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

What do you cook

What do you cook the most of?
I want to be able to do it all from ribs to steak... really both ends of the spectrum, I want to get into brisket more too

Close to retiring my 15 yr old new Braunfels offset... she is starting to rust out...

I can honestly do pretty good with my steaks on my blackstone, so I'm leaning towards that Flagship...

If you were only going to get one recently, would you get the 380x bullet or the 700/1100 flagship? 🤔🤔🤔🤔
I got the 700 first and was happy with that and GrillGrates but REALLY like the flexibility of having both. I have the 380 not the 380X so the investment wasn’t as big of a deal. If I could only have one it would be the Flagship because I was looking for a smoker more than a grill. I already had a Weber Summit for grilling. I gave the Weber to my daughter when I got the 380.

I got the 700 first and was happy with that and GrillGrates but REALLY like the flexibility of having both. I have the 380 not the 380X so the investment wasn’t as big of a deal. If I could only have one it would be the Flagship because I was looking for a smoker more than a grill. I already had a Weber Summit for grilling. I gave the Weber to my daughter when I got the 380.
So the follow up question would be is the 380x worth the extra cost over the 380 which is also deeply discounted rn? Also about $400 to $500 different in price...

For me no. My 380 is the daily work horse. Hot and fast cooks usually so no real need for WiFi. My BIL has the deluxe and loves it. i Don’t see the need for 1000 degrees other than to say my grill can hit that mark. I’ve had my 380 in riot mode hit 750. For me, and this is easily overlooked - 380 deals in 25 degree increments whereas the 380 deluxe deals in 5 degree increment - I like more precise control. Not enough to swap to the deluxe and knowing both grills the standard bullseye compliments the 700 just fine. Mainly you gotta figure out how much your willing to come out of wallet.

Except for pizza - what are you cooking in that upper temp range? I think the 380 is for small fast cooks and can still pull off a pizza, so IMO the digital crapola is fluff. Why start it from the tavern down the road and you're not gonna go Christmas shopping while your steaks are on the grill....

Flagship has been ordered! Just trying to see if I want to push the envelope and get the base 380.. #businessdecisions 🤣
We bought our 700 in 2020. In 2022 we attended the Academy just as the 380X was being released. The boss liked what she saw, took pity on me and a discounted 380X was on the way home. We use it for many purposes. This includes finishing sides at higher temperatures while the 700 keeps running low and slow. She says we made a good purchase.

So the follow up question would be is the 380x worth the extra cost over the 380 which is also deeply discounted rn? Also about $400 to $500 different in price...
Only you can tell if the upgrades are worth it. If the 380X had been out when I bought mine I may have gone with it. The fire pot clean out, taller grill, better cart and front shelf may have been enough for me. I’ve customized mine enough now that I’m close to the cost of the 380X but I’m more than happy with what I’ve got.
IMG_6241.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg

Last edited:
That's one helluva setup! 🤩 I am going to get my flagship going and break it in before indulging on the 380 or 380x. Curious if Black Friday has as good or better sale!

Right now I'm excites though, can't wait!

How did you customize your 380 if you don't mind me asking?

That's one helluva setup! 🤩 I am going to get my flagship going and break it in before indulging on the 380 or 380x. Curious if Black Friday has as good or better sale!

Right now I'm excites though, can't wait!

How did you customize your 380 if you don't mind me asking?
I took off the legs and added the Base Camp so I could take it camping easier. Then I customized the Harbor Freight cart (copied others on this forum). Lastly I added the cast iron grate. The cart raised the grill to a much better height and the cast iron eliminates the need for GrillGrates.

I also bought the OnlyFire pizza oven but would do the rotisserie instead if I had it to do over. It is a pizza oven as well but you need a lid for it. I have a couple of extra Weber Kettle lids so not a problem.
IMG_5648.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back