damaged grill in shipping ??

qapman120

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-300
bought the small rt series after my buddy recommended.. now understand that he has sold me on every aspect of this grill.. the customer service he said was unparalled.
I bought the grill and they shipped it ups and when it got here the box was torn upand the bottom grate was bent all up . the grill had some damage on the rear
of the barrel.. took pics and sent them to recteq..now ,I am not one to argue with anyone.. was contacted back from recteq and was informed that they would send me a new
bottom piece and as far as the damage .. I quote " not really anything they can do about that " .. I am in awe about this situation.. so as far as customer service from recteq,
they can kiss it and I will never buy anything else from them and will tell everyone I know that you undoubtedly buy it as is..
next time buy a treager

Once they ship a product they have no control over how the freight company will handle it. The items are packaged well but damage still happens. I received a damaged Bullseye but they made things right. They sometimes ship parts and other times do an exchange. Just depends on how extensive the damage and how much technical skills are required to replace the needed parts. Search this forum and I think you will find their customer service much better than Treager.

bought the small rt series after my buddy recommended.. now understand that he has sold me on every aspect of this grill.. the customer service he said was unparalled.
I bought the grill and they shipped it ups and when it got here the box was torn upand the bottom grate was bent all up . the grill had some damage on the rear
of the barrel.. took pics and sent them to recteq..now ,I am not one to argue with anyone.. was contacted back from recteq and was informed that they would send me a new
bottom piece and as far as the damage .. I quote " not really anything they can do about that " .. I am in awe about this situation.. so as far as customer service from recteq,
they can kiss it and I will never buy anything else from them and will tell everyone I know that you undoubtedly buy it as is..
next time buy a treager
Sorry that you had problems. As a Traeger owner I can tell you that Recteq customer service exceeds Traeger, feel free to find out for yourself.

Once they ship a product they have no control over how the freight company will handle it. The items are packaged well but damage still happens. I received a damaged Bullseye but they made things right. They sometimes ship parts and other times do an exchange. Just depends on how extensive the damage and how much technical skills are required to replace the needed parts. Search this forum and I think you will find their customer service much better than Treager.
understand your point..very much upset me when he said" just take a rubber mallet and tap it back out"
when you pay for something new it should be new . even if he has to put a claim in to ups.. he never offered only the quote prior

Call back and make sure you get a different CS rep. No way they treat you like that. Too much positive history with great CS at Rec Teq. I had one smart ass interaction with a CS rep, other than that it’s been 100% positive.

Post a pic of the damaged part. Just seems a little fishy to me to be honest..

Had a post exactly like this a few months ago. Basically used the same language and saying the same thing. Even ended it like you. After being called out the member vanished.. they joined the same day they made their first post bitching just like this.

Statically members have been on here a little while even before owning a RT.

So makes me a little skeptical. Especially, like @Waterboy said, 100% CS satisfaction including my own experience with CS...

Post a pic of the damaged part. Just seems a little fishy to me to be honest..

Had a post exactly like this a few months ago. Basically used the same language and saying the same thing. Even ended it like you. After being called out the member vanished.. they joined the same day they made their first post bitching just like this.

Statically members have been on here a little while even before owning a RT.

So makes me a little skeptical. Especially, like @Waterboy said, 100% CS satisfaction including my own experience with CS...

will post pics
here is the exact email I sent to the rep,his name was chad remkus

Chad,
I appreciate you return call.. I sent them pics from my phone..
The damage is on the rear and the bottom tray..
Let me know what to do ..The damage is not crazy bad, but enough to contact you guys.
Thanks for your help !!

will post pics
here is the exact email I sent to the rep,his name was chad remkus

Chad,
I appreciate you return call.. I sent them pics from my phone..
The damage is on the rear and the bottom tray..
Let me know what to do ..The damage is not crazy bad, but enough to contact you guys.
Thanks for your help !!
would you buy a new car with a dent in the door ???

Attachments

• rec.jpg
    rec.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
First.. as a former Treager owner 2X I was dumb enough to give them a 2nd chance after being unhappy with the performance of the first.

Second - I too just received my RT700 with some damage that was on the shelf and controller. and even the drip bucket This does not affect function and is cosmetic. It must have been packed like that but support have responded and are sending replacement parts which I will have to return my damaged parts.

So in short.. something is not right with the person you are working with. Please use the suggestions to reach out to another rep or the owner. They will make it right and for your sake do not fall for the Traeger marketing tactics and end up unhappy. The forum here speaks for itself.

I wish you all the best with getting it taken care of. I have no doubt they will make it right.

I am a week-old customer myself of a RT-590 and my lid had a scratch in it upon arrival and unboxing (definitely happened at the manufacturer). I called Customer Service and not only did they send out a new lid right away (after I provided them pics), they threw in a few spice rubs as an apology/good faith effort. Another option she gave was to keep the lid as is and they give another accessory of value as compensation. The lady on the phone said we treat our customers right because we are the best advertising (word-of-mouth). They are reliant on us being satisfied customers. It is very weird that you're having such a different CS experience, as I experienced what I had read much about before I purchased in that RecTeq has excellent CS.

Having said all of that, perhaps the dent on your grill is in a spot that is not easily interchangeable, hence the 'we can't do anything about it' reply. At the very least, some other sort of compensation is surely possible. As others have said, I'd give it another shot with a different CS person.

Good luck and let us know what happens...

I've noticed they like to give away free rubs. Received several due to my issues with Bullseye shipping damage. But great service overall. Before making large purchases it always pays to check out a companies customer service. The greatest product in the world can suck if the customer service behind it is painful to deal with.

I've noticed they like to give away free rubs. Received several due to my issues with Bullseye shipping damage. But great service overall. Before making large purchases it always pays to check out a companies customer service. The greatest product in the world can suck if the customer service behind it is painful to deal with.
I received the rub assortment too. Here's the crazy thing, several of the rub containers were damaged in shipping just like the Bullseye. Oh well, it's not Recteqs fault and their intentions were good👍

I too received a damaged RT340 only after getting a notification from UPS that the package was being returned to sender. It showed up late at night two days after this notification. The box looked like it was tumbled in a cement mixer! Called Recteq and they apologized and promptly shipped a new one. So the new one showed in a little better shape but was damaged also. Both hopper lids were bent. The first one had a dent on the back of the barrel. The second one had a protrusion on the lower front right of the barrel like he grate was trying to poke through. I am now waiting on my third. They shipped it LTL this time. I do have to say that this grill is tough for going through what that box did the first time. The pics below are from the first box.

On another note I work in IT for a Paper and Packaging company. I sent this info to our packaging department. They sent an account manager over to investigate and maybe try to help each other out. He sent me back a couple pics of the "Recteq graveyard". It was massive!!! I sure hope they file all those claims with UPS.

Attachments

• 20201209_185845.jpg
    20201209_185845.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
  • 20201209_185905.jpg
    20201209_185905.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
  • 20201209_184722.jpg
    20201209_184722.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 92
  • 20201209_185308.jpg
    20201209_185308.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
next time buy a treager
I understand your frustration.

I was involved in a number of damaged goods issues when in the research equipment business; however, I like most failed to take note of the shipping details on my 590. I am not sure if they ship FOB origin (item belongs to you when they have loaded it on the truck) or FOB destination ( item is theirs until you sign for it).

The difference is who deals with the freight forwarder for damages,

in either case taking photos of carton damage. Noting the damage on the delivery receipt you sign and return to the driver is critical. Have the driver initial your damage report on the receipt. UPS loves to leave and go; so, you find freight on your driveway, but they are pretty good on settling.

If the exterior carton(s) are really trashed take photos and refuse delivery.

in all cases your claim goes to the shipper. In either FOB version, the freight driver signed for the shipment as being undamaged when it was loaded on the truck.

Concealed damage is trickier but pretty much same claim method, take lots of photos with packing materials included and enter claim with freight forwarder.

Forklift blades are probably number one damage cause. My 590 had a forklift punch in the carton. I took photos, then the driver and I took off carto and found damage to be minor just a slight bend in sheet metal bottom “skirt” no paint damage.

I once saw an instrument that when delivered looked like it had been dragged behind the truck instead of being in it. Freight company bought a very loosely associated bunch of parts for a lot of money. Sales guy got credit for two sales.

if Recteq replaces a unit or the damaged parts without the recipient filing a claim, it most probably is coming out of their pocket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back