Bull Creosote build up

Good advice all. I bought a metal putty knife specifically for scraping the grill.

how do you guys clean the chimney? take off cap and scratch at it from the top? mine has lost 1/8-1/4in on both sides.

I haven't cleaned mine yet, but on my Traeger, I used to take it off and scrape what I could out with a paint stick from home depot and then soak it in a degreaser.

i finally cleaned mine today after about 10 months of use. pulled cap and scraped it will a screwdriver. she should flow better now
6A02230B-CDEB-4343-AB00-1BFE4A5DB983.jpeg

Wow.

I plan on taking mine off the grill, scraping it, then soaking in LA's Totally Awesome to get everything out. Mine started leaking on the side of the bull, so if I can ever find RTV silicone in stock, I am going to gasket it.

i finally cleaned mine today after about 10 months of use. pulled cap and scraped it will a screwdriver. she should flow better nowView attachment 13997
Yours looks more like an ash buildup. My smoke stack was more greasy looking. Anyway, i took it off the grill and disassembled and soaked with sams club commercial grill cleaner. Use an old shirt or kitchen rag and something to push/pull it through the stack. It took about an hour or so. But it’s clean as a whistle. Probably won’t do it for a while though again.

Nice! I’ve tried about every stainless steel cleaner there is. I did Not find any cleaner to work on the stainless. No big deal, cleaning the outside of the barrel was A lost cause for me. Idk. I’d rather spend my time cooking! Smoke on!

How’d you clean? Do tell!
i unfortunately don’t have a cleaning secret. all i did was spray the grill down with a bottle of dish soap and water mixed and wide it off with rags to get the easy stains and dust off. the baked on hard stains will take you alot of time. i used bar keepers friend liquid on a dish washing sponge, i used the hard abrasive looking side of the blue non scratch sponges. a yellow abrasive sponge may be faster though. just be sure to use the bar keepers friend in the direction of the grain on your stainless because it will show scratches if you go against it. good luck and take your time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back