Cod - What to do

Roaniecowpony

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My wife bought some cod from Costco yesterday. I'm trying to figure out how to prepare it.

Your ideas/recipes are appreciated.

We get that same thing at Costco a lot. We LOVE the following. Have not tried it on the RT700 yet but I think smoking it would add another level of flavor that would send it over the top.

Basically its poached in butter. Take a couple of sticks of butter, melt in a pan. Season the fish with salt/pepper and then add to the melted butter. cook on low or in a low oven until done to desired firmness. Just be fore serving hit it with a squeeze of lemon and a dash of chopped fresh parsley or chives.

If you did that same thing but put the seasoned cod and the butter in a foil pan and put it on the RT at about 225 for an 30 min or so, I think it would be amazing. If you dont try it, I will and report back.

Cod Courtbouillon!! (COO bee ON)

Find the recipe here

Attachments

• Courtbouillon.jpeg
    Courtbouillon.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 76
Thanks for all the ideas. I went with a simple recipe, inspired from the responses.

I brushed with EVOO, seasoned with Freakin Greek Rub on one piece, and squeezed some lemon juice on, then put it on the RT on oiled grill mat at 425F until 145F internal (~15 mins). Same on the other except I used Asian Persuation Rub. Served with some home fried sliced golden potatoes. Simple and nice dinner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back