Can I Trust RT 700 Probe Temps?

If there set up and calibrated properly they are accurate.
My unit is two months old and I set up as instructed. Everything is as it came. Do I need to do any sort of test or can I simply count on accuracy? I'm asking because I'm in the middle of my first "long" cook.

My unit is two months old and I set up as instructed. Everything is as it came. Do I need to do any sort of test or can I simply count on accuracy? I'm asking because I'm in the middle of my first "long" cook.
There are lots of Rec Tec probe calibration tips out there, the 32 degree in Ice water is one. The best thing is to use a instant read thermometer probe you trust to finalize the final cooking temps your looking for when its gets to the end of the cook.

There's YouTube videos on all this. And make sure you follow probe location, height etc...for the RTD.
The RTD is adjusted by percent% by the way.
And the meat probes by degrees°

I think any and all temp probes, no matter what make, should be tested for accuracy. Then you know for sure what's going on.

Yep, trust but verify......

If you haven't done any verification, at least do an ice cube water test and even a boiling water test to get both ends of the spectrum. That will give you a good sanity check☺

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back