Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Trailblazer
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
I‘m just posting a quick note on how much I think this Bullseye is a beast. I cooked dinner on it last night for 1.5 hours in a constant rain that became freezing rain before I was done. Left it uncovered for the night as it was still raining and I didn‘t want to cover it when wet. Woke up this morning with 2-3 inches of snow on it, so I swept the deck and fired it up to make breakfast. Done! I love this grill.
84AE40A6-6BDF-4FE7-9D77-F0155D6BA7D0.jpeg

I‘m just posting a quick note on how much I think this Bullseye is a beast. I cooked dinner on it last night for 1.5 hours in a constant rain that became freezing rain before I was done. Left it uncovered for the night as it was still raining and I didn‘t want to cover it when wet. Woke up this morning with 2-3 inches of snow on it, so I swept the deck and fired it up to make breakfast. Done! I love this grill.
View attachment 14405

Greg, I think you're the beast, going out to cook breakfast in that. I love my wife, but she'd be eating from cooking inside that morning.

Greg, I think you're the beast, going out to cook breakfast in that. I love my wife, but she'd be eating from cooking inside that morning.
My wife does not eat breakfast in the morning, so this meal is all about me! I generally don’t eat lunch, so I’ll be going out again at noon to cook for her!

All the more reason I'm holding out for the wifi 😁 .. Like starting my car from the warm, dry house.

But I agree.. use it no matter what the weather is.

All the more reason I'm holding out for the wifi 😁 .. Like starting my car from the warm, dry house.

But I agree.. use it no matter what the weather is.
The Bullseye and RT-340 are right outside my kitchen, so the warm, dry house isn’t a big requirement. I don’t know why I would ever want WiFi on the Bullseye-it doesn‘t work most of the time on the two grills that have WiFi capability. I kid you not, I just launched the recteq app and this screen capture is what I see. 99% of the time IF they connect to the WiFi, it’s only after I turn them on manually.

CFA0C307-4C8F-4DDD-A474-8ECB6B04D5D7.jpeg

The Bullseye and RT-340 are right outside my kitchen, so the warm, dry house isn’t a big requirement. I don’t know why I would ever want WiFi on the Bullseye-it doesn‘t work most of the time on the two grills that have WiFi capability. I kid you not, I just launched the recteq app and this screen capture is what I see. 99% of the time IF they connect to the WiFi, it’s only after I turn them on manually.

View attachment 14413

Something is not right there. In over a year I have not once ever not found my Bull online after power up. It connects instantly. I'm sure you have tried many things to resolve?

Full disclosure, I do wheel my Bull out and connect as needed but I do think if I ever get the Bullseye it would stay outside since I would likely use it more frequently than the Bull. Hence the wifi being important to me on this one and for at least monitoring temps remotely. I do not rely on notifications so that issue is not an issue for me.

Adding nothing important to this thread, but here’s a shot from last night as I warmed the grill to make dinner. I did not take pictures of the meal, but we had skewers of Italian sausage, onion, bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes.
A2D365BB-3FAA-40B0-AB7C-15517417F490.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back