Bull Bulls on Backorder

gwrace1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Matador
I'm glad we decided to purchase ours on the Black Friday sale. From the recteq website looks like the RT-700's are on back order until late January which means mid to late February before anyone can get one delivered.

Honestly I had never heard of recteq until a co-worker mentioned the brand on a team meeting call. That started me researching pellet grills. Amazing that this thing is so accurate on holding temps. Have compared internal probe to the meat sensor probes to my MK4 meat thermometer. All spot on.

If I can't get Frankenstein situated I can see me ordering a bull in February.

I can't believe it either.. I went with Traeger 2X some time ago even knowing about this. This was a very young company back then and I thought the bigger name would have been proven.

Now I think I'm just dreaming with my Bull. I hope I don't do something stupid since I just want to put everything in there just to watch it physically and on the app. It just works! They nailed it.

Enjoy!

Not to jack the thread but what is wrong with Frankenstein? He has the controller no?
Frankenstein doesn't have a exhaust vent or stack. The entire rear of the cover is a large vent. Getting higher temps over 350 while maintaining lower smoke temps is my challenge. Auger bypass switch or faster auger motor may be next.

Frankenstein doesn't have a exhaust vent or stack. The entire rear of the cover is a large vent. Getting higher temps over 350 while maintaining lower smoke temps is my challenge. Auger bypass switch or faster auger motor may be next.

I see.. wonder if just experimenting (if not already) with even maybe some tin foil to cover the area and if it works make more permanent mods with some fabrication. I’m thinking a vent stack could be a possible solution if you could cover the rear large vent. Or with auger work somehow like you say.

I was going to put a controller in my Traeger but they would not sell it to me unless I owned a Recteq. I guess at one time they did sell them that way but no longer do. I still wish I had the chance to make it work instead of a entire unit. Not like me to give up that easily but it was time to just enjoy instead of the work.

Anyway.. hope whatever you decide all works out. Like owning a car you built and working on it vs. just buying a pre made sports car. Certain satisfaction doing it yourself.. Been there :).

Last edited:
I see.. wonder if just experimenting (if not already) with even maybe some tin foil to cover the area and if it works make more permanent mods with some fabrication. I’m thinking a vent stack could be a possible solution if you could cover the rear large vent. Or with auger work somehow like you say.

I was going to put a controller in my Recteq but they would not sell it to me unless I owned a Recteq. I guess at one time they did sell them that way but no longer do. I still wish I had the chance to make it work instead of a entire unit. Not like me to give up that easily but it was time to just enjoy instead of the work.

Anyway.. hope whatever you decide all works out. Like owning a car you built and working on it vs. just buying a pre made sports car. Certain satisfaction doing it yourself.. Been there :).
Controller sales stopped pretty quick, can't understand why 🤔

I meant in my Traeger :).. I edited above. Yeah.. I was late to the party contemplating the idea.
The install was painless, this is why I replaced the controller. I'm so happy my house didn't catch fire. Always unplug your grill when not in use.
control.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back