Stampede Brisket Question

grillmeister

Good evening. When trimming my brisket tonight after getting all the hard fat off the point and flat have completely separated. It’s a wagyu from snake river so tons of good fat and marbling but I was wondering how I should go about smoking this bad boy now? Do I put both pieces on and still try to get to that 200 temp and treat them as two separate briskets? Thanks!

I usually cook a full packer as one piece, though I've purposely separated the point from the flat and cooked them as 2 pieces of meat, then made burnt ends out of the point. Comes out awesome whole or separated.

I have only smoked Brisket a hand full of times. My best one was my last cook where I separated them. Now, you definitely don't have to do that to have a great Brisket, that just worked for me. Malcom Reed has a great burnt ends YT video that I mostly followed. Cooked both pieces to probe tender, rather than temp. The flat was done first, so I wrapped and worked on the burnt ends. Both turned out great.

Good evening. When trimming my brisket tonight after getting all the hard fat off the point and flat have completely separated. It’s a wagyu from snake river so tons of good fat and marbling but I was wondering how I should go about smoking this bad boy now? Do I put both pieces on and still try to get to that 200 temp and treat them as two separate briskets? Thanks!
This is a good starting point: https://www.smokedbbqsource.com/smoking-your-first-brisket/

Aaron Franklin knows a bit about brisket and the trimming instructions were especially a great help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back