RT-1250 Auger Motor Whine

craigp

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
When I first bought my RT-1250, the auger motor made a very distinctive noise. I actually enjoyed hearing it whine. After my 4th or 5th cook, the motor became silent. Is this normal?

Make a recording of it, send it to rec req.

Make a recording of nothing? :geek:

I used to be able to hear it from 20-30 feet away. Now I gotta listen intently to hear it. Not silent, but definitely quieter.

Make a recording of nothing? :geek:

I used to be able to hear it from 20-30 feet away. Now I gotta listen intently to hear it. Not silent, but definitely quieter.
Do you have a recording?

As I said in my OP, the auger is now silent. It works fine, maybe it just needed breaking in…?

Mine does it when it's below zero outside. Still works just makes a horrible noise till warmed up.

Whining is common. Mine still does, but quiet is ok too. I think it is the gear box. No place to lube it that I can see. Perhaps it is worse with longer pellets? My 590 and 380 also whined.

Mine does it when it's below zero outside. Still works just makes a horrible noise till warmed up.

Mine does the same, otherwise barely a noise and for me its the auger motor fan making the noise........quick shot of silicone spray and quiet as a church fart.

Good tip I'll be doing that this weekend. Thanls

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back