Bullseye "Aug" code during cool down after initial burn in

GrillorBeGrilled

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hey all, just pulled a trigger and bought a bullseye. Very excited. I just completed the initial burn-in, but when I push the power button to cool it down, it entered cool down mode and then stopped with a message on the LED screen saying "Aug"

Is this normal? If not, what do y'all recommend.

When I start up the machine again, it tries to go back to 400, but when I press the power button, it starts cooling down and gives me the same "Aug" message after about 5-10 minutes.

Attachments

• 20210612_180959.jpg
    20210612_180959.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 257
Hey all, just pulled a trigger and bought a bullseye. Very excited. I just completed the initial burn-in, but when I push the power button to cool it down, it entered cool down mode and then stopped with a message on the LED screen saying "Aug"

Is this normal? If not, what do y'all recommend.

When I start up the machine again, it tries to go back to 400, but when I press the power button, it starts cooling down and gives me the same "Aug" message after about 5-10 minutes.
Yes perfectly normal. When you turn off the control, first the fan blows for 5 minutes to help burn the burning pellets in the pot. The auger is stopped during this time. Then when the fire is out (or supposed to be), when the fan goes off, the the auger turns on for 30 seconds or so and pumps fresh pellets (with fan off), so you get smothering of any hot coals, and also to leave a primer for the next time you start up. You might take your grates, drip pan and diffuser out and look into the fire pot. You should see fresh pellets piled over the ceramic starter ready for next cook. ADVICE: After a hot cook, turn the temp down to 225* and let it cool down to that temp before shutting it off. Less likely to have a persistent burn when the COOL sign goes off. That could cause auger fire, but usually doesn't. Many people just shut it off at any temp, but occ experience an auger fire. Since I started letting it cool down, I have not had any residual smoking after the "cool" shuts off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back