Bullseye Display says "AUG" at the end of cool cycle

I don't think I've ever seen that, but I have never watched it shutdown. I usually hit the button and it says FAN and counts down from 300. I guess it makes sense it would say AUG when it gets to that point.

I wish there was an option to remove the preload at the end

You must have a different model. Mine just says "cool" until it shuts down, and then "AUG"

You must have a different model. Mine just says "cool" until it shuts down, and then "AUG"
Hmm. I have a 700. Maybe it does say cool.....fan is what sticks in my mind though.

They could have updated the firmware since I bought mine. 🤷

it will say fan and count down from 300-0 them say aug for 45 seconds i believe as it primes the pot. if i could turn off the prime feature i would also

My guess is loading pellets for next cook. I’m not sure. Someone here knows for sure.
Fan for 5 minutes and then auger to dump some pellets for next cook. I always turn the temp down to 225 and let it run at that temp before shutting it down. Shutting down from high temps could cause the dumped pellets to smolder because of the short fan cycle.

I didn't cool mine down on Thanksgiving and ended up with a hopper fire! I won't make that mistake again.

I didn't cool mine down on Thanksgiving and ended up with a hopper fire! I won't make that mistake again.
I think many of us have been there, or close to it. I shut mine down once and 20 minutes later smoke was coming out everywhere including the hopper. Managed to control it where it didn't set the hopper on fire.

That's why I think the priming feature at the end is BS. It's poorly thought out and dangerous. I'd also make the shut down procedure longer. 5 minutes isn't necessarily enough. Make it 10.

I agree with the 10 min cool down and eliminate the 45 sec auger run to prime the burner for the next light. I live in a high humidity location and have noticed hard starts after a few weeks of not using my 700. I have also found a large amount of solidified ash in the burner that interrupts the startup and once running the grill has large temp swings. A simple clean out of the burner can followed by a handful of fresh pellets and the grill lights off and operates normally.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back