Another new guy

cjrazus1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hello from Arizona. I finally got a Stampede for my birthday thanks to my DW and mom. Looking forward to learning a few things on this forum.

Loving it so far. Smoked pork butt Adovada style. (with tortillas of course).
Thanks for the welcome gents.

Attachments

• 20190930_185740.jpg
    20190930_185740.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
Loving it so far. Smoked pork butt Adovada style. (with tortillas of course).
Thanks for the welcome gents.

Process question for ya...……..did you smoke the butt in normal pulled pork fashion and then douse with Adovada sauce after pulling?

Process question for ya...……..did you smoke the butt in normal pulled pork fashion and then douse with Adovada sauce after pulling?
I wet brined it for 72 hours with blened Colorado/Hatch chilis, salt, and garlic. Smoked, then chopped pork into chunks. While smoking the pork I prepared 1 bag of the dried Colorado chilis per the instructions on the bag (the "paste" tastes kind of nasty so don't worry about that). then I gently mixed the pork with the chili sauce, put it in a casserole dish with a little chicken broth to keep everything moist, covered and warmed in oven at 300-350 for about an hour.
Hope you enjoy.

I wet brined it for 72 hours with blened Colorado/Hatch chilis, salt, and garlic. Smoked, then chopped pork into chunks. While smoking the pork I prepared 1 bag of the dried Colorado chilis per the instructions on the bag (the "paste" tastes kind of nasty so don't worry about that). then I gently mixed the pork with the chili sauce, put it in a casserole dish with a little chicken broth to keep everything moist, covered and warmed in oven at 300-350 for about an hour.
Hope you enjoy.

I like your brine idea. I'd already broken down a shoulder into 1" "steaks" which I'll smoke then sear (after stealing your marinade idea). Then chunk and oven braise to finish in my favorite adovada sauce.

I like your brine idea. I'd already broken down a shoulder into 1" "steaks" which I'll smoke then sear (after stealing your marinade idea). Then chunk and oven braise to finish in my favorite adovada sauce.
No stealing, we are all here to share and learn a thing or two. Hope it turns out well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back