Am I lazy? Nah, just want to spend more time with the family!

Welcome aboard, @SmokinBourbon; glad to have you here with us. Pellet grills certainly do have their pluses, but they take a little getting used to. You’ll get the hang of it soon enough. I still miss my old stick burner, but do like the convenience of the pellet grill.

I believe I'll miss my stick smoker as well but right now I need convenience. I'm hoping the learning curve isn't too wild. Trying to absorb what I can on methodology on a pellet grill before it comes in.

Just ordered a RT-1250. I've been smoking on an offset stick smoker for the past decade. Nothing to write home about but that cheap thing has treated me very well. Decided to make the move to a pellet grill so I can spend time with family, not with the fire. Already ordered LavaLock for the lid and hopper as well.
I did the same last week - so far it hasn't given me more time (I know it will eventually) as the wifi wont work with android so I still got to keep an eye on it, and I am finding times are way longer on this at 225 than my stick burner at 180 -150 back and forth. Its nice, but I have done 4 cooks and am not super impressed yet. Make sure to put that lavalock on or it will look like this fast (4 cooks no lavalock reqteq said no wish I had) this is only the baby 410 patio but I did not expect this much out of that lid - it wasn't ribs or fat it was just skinless breast and it made more a mess than my COS - now waiting for the lavalock tomorrow and scrubbing with the pink stuff - I know its a smoker my COS is all black but it came black and it don't leak like this from every corner I would rather have powder coated than SS that is going to look like crap afrter a few cooks.

20230424_144606.jpg

I did the same last week - so far it hasn't given me more time (I know it will eventually) as the wifi wont work with android so I still got to keep an eye on it, and I am finding times are way longer on this at 225 than my stick burner at 180 -150 back and forth. Its nice, but I have done 4 cooks and am not super impressed yet. Make sure to put that lavalock on or it will look like this fast (4 cooks no lavalock reqteq said no wish I had) this is only the baby 410 patio but I did not expect this much out of that lid - it wasn't ribs or fat it was just skinless breast and it made more a mess than my COS - now waiting for the lavalock tomorrow and scrubbing with the pink stuff - I know its a smoker my COS is all black but it came black and it don't leak like this from every corner I would rather have powder coated than SS that is going to look like crap afrter a few cooks.

View attachment 19085
Oh that's a bummer. I'm using Android as well. I saw your other thread on the wifi issues so I'll have to look that over. I think Jim said it best though, that it takes some time to get used to and to get it right. I'm confident we'll both get there! Definitely glad I bought the lavalock. It'll arrive before the grill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back