All weather vents on 590

ModernRec

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Anyone noticed they took the all weather vents off the site? wonder why..buddy tried to order some today and there gone. maybe a re-design??

That is curious alright, I've noticed the same situation with RT-700 accessories. For example the Sear Kit disappeared too for a short time then reappeared with no changes. The other thing I found out from a representative is that they don't have the ability to put your name on a list for back ordered items. You simply have to check everyday, then even if you see the item back in stock that doesn't necessarily mean you can purchase it right then and there do to current customers orders being fulfilled at that very moment. Somewhat confusing to say the least.

Why would they re-design, perhaps more air flow?
Horns Out!
back yard bbq law states that increasing air flow will maximize air circulation which will give you more efficiency on the output. For folks who complain that areas are not the same temp hotter/colder in certain areas, a new redesigned vents that give you the ability to to adjust the output will improve performance of the grill to now RESTRICT the airflow to compensate for the cooler areas internal of the grill...i just solved it!

Horns In baby!! :LOL:

That is curious alright, I've noticed the same situation with RT-700 accessories. For example the Sear Kit disappeared too for a short time then reappeared with no changes. The other thing I found out from a representative is that they don't have the ability to put your name on a list for back ordered items. You simply have to check everyday, then even if you see the item back in stock that doesn't necessarily mean you can purchase it right then and there do to current customers orders being fulfilled at that very moment. Somewhat confusing to say the least.
i thought the same. Some accessories are still there and simply tell you that it is out of stock without being removed. I sent them and email inquiring about it out of curiosity, maybe thats how there starting to run their site....idk

i thought the same. Some accessories are still there and simply tell you that it is out of stock without being removed. I sent them and email inquiring about it out of curiosity, maybe thats how there starting to run their site....idk
Keep us posted once you hear back from RecTec, please.

back yard bbq law states that increasing air flow will maximize air circulation which will give you more efficiency on the output. For folks who complain that areas are not the same temp hotter/colder in certain areas, a new redesigned vents that give you the ability to to adjust the output will improve performance of the grill to now RESTRICT the airflow to compensate for the cooler areas internal of the grill...i just solved it!

Horns In baby!! :LOL:
I don't think they recommend doing that. You could always just crack the lid.

Thats what it is. They responded back and said once they come back in stock they'll be listed again in a few weeks.

Yeah, I completely understand about the confusion with what accesoriesis, etc that are in stock and what's not on the webpage. With that said it would be awful nice to be able to prepay for an out of stock item that you want if Rec Tec knows that yes in fact it's coming in the future and have it shipped immediately to you when it's back in stock instead of having to play the "check the web site multiple times a day" game to hope you see it in time and thenpray you'll be able to get what you want. As far as I'm concerned a company should make it as easy as possible for their customers to spend their money as opposed to complex in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back