RT-1250 1250 Delivery/Setup - Logistics with One Person?

HarryHood

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
My 1250 should arrive this coming week. My backyard slopes off heavily into the woods, and there is a large 2nd story deck off the back that will be the final resting place for the 1250.

It’s understood the delivery folks are just going to place the pallet in my driveway or garage out front. My question is if the individual/unassembled pieces are small enough to fit through standard residential doors to take it through the house and onto the back deck, and also if a normal sized adult male can handle that or if it will require some help? The trip from the garage to the deck is just across the main floor, maybe 50 feet and open spaces beside the doors.

Super excited so just trying to plan ahead so I get it all setup ASAP. Thanks in advance for any feedback from experience.

Yes the parts can go through the door with a fairly tight fit on the largest ones. Absolutely get a 2nd set of hands. My wife and I moved the parts of our 700 about the same distance from our garage to back patio. No way I could have done it solo.

Get ready for years of fun with your new toy. We have burned through lots of pellets the last two years.

Last edited:
Beach Bum, I concur, and not just because I’m less than 10 miles away from your location. Interestingly, it’s not the size as much as the bulk. Reminds me of moving a refrigerator. With the right tools it can be easy but no everyone realizes it is hard work. One word of caution, make sure you secure the lid or remove it. If you bend or tweek it you will never forgive yourself.

Thanks @SmokeZilla and @Beach Bum for the quick feedback. Just knowing it’s a bad idea to try and move the larger parts myself helps a lot.

My wife is only 110 pounds soaking wet, so I’ll probably enlist a neighbor to help move the larger bits without risking damage.

I’m going to set it up next to the XL BGE, excited to compare the two for all day/all night cooks.

Smart move. No need hurting yourself before you even get started. Rather safe than sorry. If possible, try to move the main cooking chamber upright it will reduce the risk of tweaking anything.

Smart move. No need hurting yourself before you even get started. Rather safe than sorry. If possible, try to move the main cooking chamber upright it will reduce the risk of tweaking anything.

Thanks for the tip. I can picture weight and angles doing a number on the hinges for the main door if anyone tries creative solutions to transport it.

I moved mine fully assembled thru my house with the help of my son. Just take some measurements first.

I would suggest building the grill in your garage or driveway. I still needed an extra set of hands to get it upright. Once upright, you should be able to roll it to your desired location by yourself.

Just a word of caution. If you don’t have the competition cart the legs on the bull are probably its most fragile feature. I have the C-cart to maximize transportability but reviewed many posts about people damaging the standard cart wheels just moving their grill around on pavers.

Thanks all for the tips. Like a few mentioned, it was an extremely tight fit through a patio door with the handles off, but I got it out there. Burning in now and a test run later tonight.

Attachments

• 3C6DDA80-0923-42C8-8484-AEA50F8F60E3.jpeg
    3C6DDA80-0923-42C8-8484-AEA50F8F60E3.jpeg
    433.2 KB · Views: 87

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back