Yert from Sparta TN

I have had experience with only 2 manufacturers, so while I may not have any sage advice, I will share what I have. The two I have owned Traeger Silverton 620 (Costco exclusive?) and the Rec Teq 590. The Traeger started having issues after a month or so, and after many iterations with their service department, they basically said that I needed to trade up to a "better" Traeger model, and the Silverton has a lot of issues. My wife and I looked all over for a better model locally, but could not find any. I had a Timberline in my cart online, and on a whim I clicked on a comparison ad. Long story short, I chose the RT-590, and my only real regret is not going for the RT-700! (just kidding, I LOVE my Stampede) Keeps WAY better temperature than the Traeger ever did. (better than my internal oven in fact) Customer Service has been great, but I mostly call them with dumb questions, no real issues. (one horn was scratched upon delivery, they sent a new one no questions asked) My experience has been fantastic. Good luck with what ever you choose!

Been researching pellet grills until my eyes started bleeding, looking hard at the 590.
I've had a 590 since Feb. and love it. Empty nester, but we've had 5 other people for dinner and it was more that adequate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back