Beef Tomahawk Steak

TexasMan

This was my first Tomahawk Steak of this size, 4 1/2lbs of deliciousness, so I may have been overly excited about smoking this beast but after taking the first bite all I could think about was, I need to smoke one for my buddies when the corona quarantine is over! I started out dry brining it for a about an hour on each side with sea salt. Since I’ve joined the REC Tec family I’ve been using Boars Night Out White Lightning on everything, so I began seasoning the beast with that and followed it up with Adkins Ranch Style Steak seasoning, I like Adkins because their seasonings have only five to six ingredients and it’s available at my store. After seasoning I set it out for about an hour to Let the temperature rise closer to room temp. With my grill set to 500 and my RT700 set to 225 I seared the beast for two minutes on each side before placing it in the smoker. I pulled it as soon as it hit 135 degrees. It was absolutely wonderful. Hope y’all enjoy.

BC94A286-7954-4C21-816A-72AD564C420C.jpeg
27C72532-82EF-48F4-91FC-FD9D77F0BC51.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That is one good looking meal there, brother!

Wow, that looks great. I haven't yet been able to find these, let alone cook one.
If you’re in search of one any meat market would be able to provide one. I stumbled across this one marked down to 5.99 a pound!! Couldn’t pass it up

This was my first Tomahawk Steak of this size, 4 1/2lbs of deliciousness, so I may have been overly excited about smoking this beast but after taking the first bite all I could think about was, I need to smoke one for my buddies when the corona quarantine is over! I started out dry brining it for a about an hour on each side with sea salt. Since I’ve joined the REC Tec family I’ve been using Boars Night Out White Lightning on everything, so I began seasoning the beast with that and followed it up with Adkins Ranch Style Steak seasoning, I like Adkins because their seasonings have only five to six ingredients and it’s available at my store. After seasoning I set it out for about an hour to Let the temperature rise closer to room temp. With my grill set to 500 and my RT700 set to 225 I seared the beast for two minutes on each side before placing it in the smoker. I pulled it as soon as it hit 135 degrees. It was absolutely wonderful. Hope y’all enjoy.

View attachment 3444View attachment 3445View attachment 3446View attachment 3447View attachment 3449
Looks great. Those thick tomahawk steaks are getting to be rare (no pun intended) in the butchers cases in Upstate NY. The corn and sausage complete the package Nice ??

That looks great! I'm about to get my 700 in the next week and that will be the first thing I try!

Looks delicious! What other seasoning did you try for Tomahawk Steak? I've been using only salt and pepper right before putting the meat on grill, but I want to try more ways of cooking it. What do you think about marinades? My wife usually marinates steaks overnight according to one of these recipes https://www.lolacovington.com/, when the meat isn't fatty. Therefore, the steak is more flavorful and juicy. I guess it is thanks to the balsamic vinegar and ground mustard. Anyway, if you have any other suggestions let me know!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back