They keep building crap like this RecTec will destroy them.

Wow... who... never mind... i don't even want to know. One would think that a gimmicky, silly things like this would have a price point of a fraction of that number. At that price point you are talking about making a serious investment! yikes...

The traegers that were made in Oregon are quality machines. Not stainless and not PID controller at the time but thick steel and welded legs.
Once Joe Traeger sold the company they went downhill fast.

@cutplug Interesting to know a piece of the history. when did he sell the company? must have been before i got into pellet grills. It is good to hear they were once quality builds, help explain some of what i heard/read.

They originally made pellet stoves then went to making grills as well. He sold in 2007 after his patent expired.
I had an early one that started with a 3 position switch (smoke, med and high!) and upgraded to the digital control. I could keep that puppy at 150 all day long but as with most pellet high temps are a little iffy. I told the gal I sold it to I get it back when she is done with it or dead!
Here is a little more...
https://www.bbqqueens.com/history-of-pellet-grills-smokers/

I wonder if they ever sold one. Would take a special person to buy one let alone shell out that kind of money. Reminds me a of woman in my town that has a VW bug with big nasty eyelashes over the headlights. Every time I see her I'm like, WTF???

I wonder if they ever sold one. Would take a special person to buy one let alone shell out that kind of money. Reminds me a of woman in my town that has a VW bug with big nasty eyelashes over the headlights. Every time I see her I'm like, WTF???
A old car sales person told me many years ago "theres a ass for every seat"

Hahaha...sad part is some will buy it and brag they 1. They have a smoker that is a pink pig and 2. That they spent almost 2g on it...

I had a Treg for all about 2 days. Didnt work right out of the box, Treg knew they developed a crappy line and they wouldnt admit to it. They did nothing to help support us that bought their new line and let it up to their poor customer service reps to take the heat for it... took it back and lived happily ever after...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back