Sort of a new grill owner.

PelletNewbie

So... On May 2nd I pulled the trigger on a new Rec Tec RT-700... After reading a bunch of stuff on these forums, and research online, I can't wait to get the grill delivered, built and ready to cook! But that's the rub. I still don't have my grill. The only Bull I've gotten is from UPS! This thing has almost spent more time sitting then time shipping! Shout out to Rec Tec though, I sent them and e-mail just to let them know the situation. I know full well this isn't Rec Tec's fault, but they called right back just to check in anyways. This got me thinking though, is this business as usual with UPS Freight, or just issues with the COVID-19 situation? Or is my delivery just bad luck? It shipped on May 4th, with UPS stating delivery May 12th and still is over 500 miles away in Seattle, WA at present. It's been sitting over 48 hours there!

First of all, congrats on the new RT!

This is 100% on the carrier. Regardless of the Covid situation, it's just an unfortunate situation. I was fortunate enough to get mine in a prompt manner, so hopefully they get their crap together and get your grill out to you soon so you can get to enjoying it.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Darrell

Because I don't have a grill to keep my busy, I crunched a few numbers.

UPS has spent 109 hours of time shipping my package, and

Wait for this:

168 hours 49 minutes with the package sitting at a UPS site waiting for someone to do something. That is 7 days, 49 minutes.

COVID-19 has shipping all screwed up. My suggestion in the past was to ship to a commercial address if you can and you transport from that location to your home with a buddy that has a pickup if you don't have one. Last July I got my Bull shipped to Connecticut in 4 days if I remember correctly and RecTec had a huge special going on at that time.

Because I don't have a grill to keep my busy, I crunched a few numbers.

UPS has spent 109 hours of time shipping my package, and

Wait for this:

168 hours 49 minutes with the package sitting at a UPS site waiting for someone to do something. That is 7 days, 49 minutes.
Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience with UPS. I noticed that my Bull was located in one shipping station for a few days and I inquired to UPS and didn't get any answers whatsoever. Contacted Rec Tec and since they pay UPS's bills they were able to get clarification. UPS literally lost my grill for a while. Rec Tec's shipping manager did figure it out and apologized profusely even though it wasn't their fault. Long story short I received my Bull. Customer service is very important to me and I'm really impressed with Rec Tec.

Yeah, that was my initial interaction with Rec Tec as well. When I emailed them, I let them know full well that this is all on UPS. Rec Tec has no fault in the matter. I just wanted them to know the issues that are caused by their shipper, and they were quick to respond. I got a phone call the same day. If it hasn't moved by Monday, they'll reach out to the shipping manager to light a fire under UPS' rear.

Yeah, that was my initial interaction with Rec Tec as well. When I emailed them, I let them know full well that this is all on UPS. Rec Tec has no fault in the matter. I just wanted them to know the issues that are caused by their shipper, and they were quick to respond. I got a phone call the same day. If it hasn't moved by Monday, they'll reach out to the shipping manager to light a fire under UPS' rear.
An unfortunate situation and a definite hassle but it's definitely worth the wait.

The shipping manager called me today. UPS lost the package in Seattle. Since located it, and shipped it down to Sacramento, but apparently didn't bother to update the tracking on it. Hopefully it'll be here today or tomorrow. Getting excited.:eek:

The shipping manager called me today. UPS lost the package in Seattle. Since located it, and shipped it down to Sacramento, but apparently didn't bother to update the tracking on it. Hopefully it'll be here today or tomorrow. Getting excited.:eek:
Wow, exactly what happened to me. At least Rec Tec became involved with the situation and pushed UPS into action and they found it!

So... On May 2nd I pulled the trigger on a new Rec Tec RT-700... After reading a bunch of stuff on these forums, and research online, I can't wait to get the grill delivered, built and ready to cook! But that's the rub. I still don't have my grill. The only Bull I've gotten is from UPS! This thing has almost spent more time sitting then time shipping! Shout out to Rec Tec though, I sent them and e-mail just to let them know the situation. I know full well this isn't Rec Tec's fault, but they called right back just to check in anyways. This got me thinking though, is this business as usual with UPS Freight, or just issues with the COVID-19 situation? Or is my delivery just bad luck? It shipped on May 4th, with UPS stating delivery May 12th and still is over 500 miles away in Seattle, WA at present. It's been sitting over 48 hours there!
Long wait is over. Let
The good times begin. What are you going to cook first? ??

Mastertech59, that would be a awesome suggestion... were it not that I am presently working from home due to COVID-19. Haa haa haa
I'm at home furloughed from work and I'm not working. This COVID-19 furloughed time off stuff is getting me prepared for my retirement days coming sooner than I like to admit.

Last edited:
I'm at home furloughed from work but I not working. This COVID-19 furloughed time off stuff is getting me prepared for my retirement days coming sooner than I like to admit.

I'm just flat out working from home. Logging into the office network every day, taking phone calls from the office via my PC.... I'm like... 80% productive. LOL

I'm just flat out working from home. Logging into the office network every day, taking phone calls from the office via my PC.... I'm like... 80% productive. LOL
Glad I got furloughed so I don't have to deal with this stuff, my job is a lot of hands on BS with a lot of different people, evenly it will be back to a not so normal work environment but I'm really in no hurry for that to happen at my age.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadefarm
Back