Soon to be Bull owner

jasonvr

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
After much back and forth between the Stampede and the Bull, including talking to a Bull owner, a 680 owner, a thread in this forum, and a spreadsheet, I clicked buy on the Amazon Bull package today

A little about me. I started my smoking adventures back in 2017 with a 30" Masterbuilt electric smoker my wife gave me as a birthday present. I've had some good success with it (brisket, pork, faux burnt ends, pork belly burnt end "candy") and I've done some mods to it (pic attached). I've been using the AMZN pellet smoker maze with it for a while and it was far simpler than using the chip loader (less cook maintenance), but I always still seemed to have problems. It would go out, flare up, etc. I did the mailbox mod as well in an effort to make it even easier, but that brought it's own set of problems. And now I come to Rec Tec to take away all my pains and give me wonderful meat without spending the night sleeping on the couch so I can tend to the smoker! Really looking forward to finally being able to buy those Prime full packer briskets from Costco at rock bottom prices!

Outside of smoking, my wife and I love to travel. I travel a lot for work and as a hobby collect hotel and airline miles to fund our vacations. After our trip this coming summer we'll have been to every continent except Antarctica. We love trying the cuisine everywhere we go. Most recent favorite was black pepper crab at Long Beach King Seafood in Singapore. We literally licked the plate. We also enjoy cooking at home with other methods. Latest addition is sous vide (just did a pork tenderloin this week) and am intrigued with some of the ideas I've seen about combining smoking and sous vide since they share the low and slow philosophy.

IMG_20180730_223740.jpg

@jasonvr great choice on going with the Bull. I believe you're going to love it and look forward to hearing your thoughts once you've got a chance to use it... that is in between all your traveling! :D ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClemsonTiger99
Back