For Sale SOLD -- Patio Legend 410 + Cover + Pellets - 5 months old - $475 - St. Louis MO area

ladewig

Grill(s) owned
  1. Patio Legend 410
It kills me to sell my grill after only five months, but our HOA's new insurance policy requires that we get rid of all grills, smokers, etc. Very few companies will write master policies for anything but the smallest of communities, so the few that are left can demand just about anything. They won't even allow the grill to be stored unused on property. I have some options for storing it offsite until either the market recovers (or we move out of a condo association), but that could be a while.

Includes the Patio Legend 410, the Recteq cover for the 410, ~3/4 of the 74lb Pellet Variety Bundle, and ~15 lbs of alder pellets. Other than calibrating the probes, I haven't had to make any adjustments, nor have I had any bad cooks (IMHO 😉). (and no, I didn't cook on the grill that close to the house. That's just where it gets stored when not in use.) Asking $475 but will entertain reasonable offers.

20231005_195640666_iOS (Phone).jpg
20231005_195649441_iOS (Phone).jpg
20231005_201157342_iOS (Phone).jpg
20231005_195516703_iOS (Phone).jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Good luck on your sale.

HOAs suck nuff said. They tried to start one in my neighborhood and I told them I’d paint my house to mimic the Lets Go Brandon flag before they could adopt a HOA. That was a year ago… You get the good with the bad not having one, but it’s the lesser of two evils.

Sorry you’re losing your grill man, that sucks.

I have ignored most all of the pointless/stupid HOA rules for 22 years now, so sorry for the OP that he appears to have a real prick HOA. I'd call their bluff, unless he has some worrisome neighbors that would squeal? He mentioned condo association, so that says alot and they are typically the strictest and quite overbearing.

Unless I’m not reading it correctly, the OP’s problem is not the HOA per se, it is the insurance company that the HOA is using. Insurance companies are bailing out of the market left and right, and those that remain are setting some stringent coverage rules. In their specific market, the HOA may be stuck with using the insurance provider they have.

Now, I’m not a big fan of HOAs in general, but I’m not sure it is fair to bash this particular HOA for a problem they may have had no choice in.

It is 100% not the HOA’s fault.

The choice here is between insurance or grills. There are only four companies left that will insure a community of our size (87 residences) in Missouri. Because the market is unbalanced, insurance companies are making unreasonable demands like getting rid of grills before they will write a policy. Some are requiring communities to cap chimneys and disable fireplaces as well.

Our insurer is getting out of this market and isn’t renewing us, so we’re stuck if we want coverage with who is remaining. I knew the insurance market was screwed up in places like Florida, but didn't realize it was also the case here.

As much as I love to cook outside, I like knowing my home is insured even better. I will say though that down the road, any community that requires the HOA to provide insurance is going to be way down my list for future moves. I like having someone handle lawn, snow removal, exterior maintenance, etc., but not at the price of grilling and smoking.

Somebody got a very nice grill at a very good price! Sorry it came to that, but fully understand the situation you are in. And, just because you are temporarily sans grill (we’re thinking positively here) doesn’t mean you have to leave the group. You are welcome to stay and contribute with your ”indoor kitchen” experiences. (y)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back