RT 680 Cover

litemup17

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
I am new to the forum, but I have been a Rec Tec owner since 2013, when I got my RT 680, I love it, never had a bad cook on it. During the summer I use it all the time, leaving it uncovered most of the summer. During the winter is when the problem occurs, I live in the NorthEast, and when it's cold outside it's a struggle to get the custom Rec Tec cover on and off, so I usually give up fighting with it and use my Weber Kettle instead. Does anyone know of a different cover that would be easier to remove and put back on. Thanks

I bought a John Deere lawn tractor cover at Lowe’s for my 680. It works so much better then the cover I got from RecTec. My RecTec one tore the first night I got it because it was too tight. The John Deere cover even has a part that fits the side shelve exactly. It’s for the tractor seat but is in just the perfect spot for the side shelve. Plus it has a John Deere logo on the side so how cool is that. Lol

I'd like to do something for a new cover too. Factory one gives really good protection, but is kinda tight. Just a matter of time before it'll need to be replaced. Noticed a little hole at a seam today and I am careful when removing and replacing.

I bought this one. It lasted several years before I purchased a new one last summer. John Deere Deluxe Riding Mower Cover. It‘s on sale now on line for $69. Here is a picture. It’s never blown off and I live in NE PA were we get lots of wind storms and snow. Notice the area for the side tray. I think it’s made to store the cover or for the seat, but it fits the side tray perfectly.

Attachments

• E7EE4A39-1DEC-4D6E-9BE0-A2D84D2B7DE1.jpeg
    E7EE4A39-1DEC-4D6E-9BE0-A2D84D2B7DE1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Nothing wrong with that! As long as it works...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back