New to Recteq and pellets

BuckeyeBlues

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hi there!
I am awaiting the delivery of my new Bullseye (not the deluxe.)
While, I am not new to grilling and smoking meats, I am new to pellet cookers.
I used to grill on a little Weber Smokey Joe, and I had a Cook Shack electric smoker that I did everything from the normal butts and briskets to processing my own jerky, summer sausage, and pastrami. I even made my own bacon and hams from time to time. That was a great smoker (before it got stolen.)
The problem with the Cook Shack was the thermostat only went from 100- 275. While perfect for jerky and smoking cheese, it was never going to crisp up poultry skin.
With the Bullseye there will be things I wont be able to do because the temp starts out at 200 degrees, but my ind is on the things I will be able to do. Like put on a great reverse sear on 1 1/2" thick chops and steaks. Or do a wood fired pizza at or near pizza oven temps.

I am looking forward to eves dropping to learn from you experienced Recteq folks, and sharing my triumphs and defeats along the way.

Hi there!
I am awaiting the delivery of my new Bullseye (not the deluxe.)
While, I am not new to grilling and smoking meats, I am new to pellet cookers.
I used to grill on a little Weber Smokey Joe, and I had a Cook Shack electric smoker that I did everything from the normal butts and briskets to processing my own jerky, summer sausage, and pastrami. I even made my own bacon and hams from time to time. That was a great smoker (before it got stolen.)
The problem with the Cook Shack was the thermostat only went from 100- 275. While perfect for jerky and smoking cheese, it was never going to crisp up poultry skin.
With the Bullseye there will be things I wont be able to do because the temp starts out at 200 degrees, but my ind is on the things I will be able to do. Like put on a great reverse sear on 1 1/2" thick chops and steaks. Or do a wood fired pizza at or near pizza oven temps.

I am looking forward to eves dropping to learn from you experienced Recteq folks, and sharing my triumphs and defeats along the way.
Welcome to the forum!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back