New member... waiting on order

ImGonnaRecIt

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey folks, new member from Oklahoma here. Just waiting on the freight company and hoping I can get it before this weekend. Already listed my 5 burner propane grill and little Masterbuilt smoker to recoup a small percentage of what I spent. Ended up with the 700, cover, pellet bundle (which turned out to still be pricey compared to Sam's pellets) and bonus 340 for an extra $300, which I hope I can flip for a little more. 🤞
b16.jpg

We all know that lonesome feeling of waiting for the delivery truck to arrive. Hang in there; it will arrive.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum. I think you’ll find it to be a comfortable place to learn, share and even brag a little when a cook goes really well. There’s a vast resource of knowledge here, so feel free to ask questions—and, to provide answers based on your experience. Sharing information is one of the prime goals here.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get your smoker when expected. The older we get the more anxious we are for something we want. You will find this site filled with great information and a cast of characters the can’t be beat.

Just as an FYI, if you have the space and a patient significant other, I’d pump the brakes on getting rid of the gasser early. I found a lot of us use it to supplement our cooking activities as each device can fill its own special niche. You don’t have to go overboard like I do, but better to have and not need than to need and not have. Just my opinion. When I got the RT700 I was hoping to consolidate everything onto one device and that just wasn’t practical. Here is an example of what good does not look like, haha. (By the way, it doesn’t have to be this bad, and there are more behind the garage.)

1661219507139.jpeg

1661219599641.jpeg

Just as an FYI, if you have the space and a patient significant other, I’d pump the brakes on getting rid of the gasser early. I found a lot of us use it to supplement our cooking activities as each device can fill its own special niche.
I hear ya but unfortunately the wife wanted to consolidate because of space. I'd love to have propane for the quick burgers but patio space is pretty limited with our seating area and having 2 units roughly the same size just isn't feasible. I'll just have to settle for some aluminum grates or do more smoking than grilling I suppose.

I hear ya but unfortunately the wife wanted to consolidate because of space. I'd love to have propane for the quick burgers but patio space is pretty limited with our seating area and having 2 units roughly the same size just isn't feasible. I'll just have to settle for some aluminum grates or do more smoking than grilling I suppose.
Sounds like a great plan. I live in SoCal so I definitely understand the space shortage issue. Fortunately the bull can check off a lot of the blocks for features and usability. The grill grates will be very helpful for any hi-temp searing and griddle like activities. Grill Grates also sell a professional level grates without the holes in it that work well as long as you don’t let the grease drip beyond the drip tray. The other positive that is often overlooked is that good old cast iron can fill in the gaps between a pellet grill and a gasser/charcoal grill if used properly. Wishing you some great cooks!!!

Hey folks, new member from Oklahoma here. Just waiting on the freight company and hoping I can get it before this weekend. Already listed my 5 burner propane grill and little Masterbuilt smoker to recoup a small percentage of what I spent. Ended up with the 700, cover, pellet bundle (which turned out to still be pricey compared to Sam's pellets) and bonus 340 for an extra $300, which I hope I can flip for a little more. 🤞
View attachment 17198
Been there! I paced back and forth on the day mine arrived. It showed up on a lift gate. I had a 4 wheel dolly ready before the driver set the air brakes. It’s worth the wait. This is a great forum to ask questions and search for recipes and techniques. Welcome!!

Welcome. The wait is pretty obnoxious, but you'll forget it on your first cook.

Ironically, I was (sort of) up in @Jim6820 's neck of the woods for the last week. Somewhere between Wenatchee and Seattle on I-90 I saw an Estes truck parked in a turnout. Having never received a call, email, text, or anything from Estes when my Recteq arrived, I saw one of these rare birds in the wild for the first time....ever. I mentioned to my wife that, "That rig is probably full of Recteqs!"

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you’re pleasantly surprised with a short wait.

Oh My God Wow GIF

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get your smoker when expected. The older we get the more anxious we are for something we want. You will find this site filled with great information and a cast of characters the can’t be beat.

Just as an FYI, if you have the space and a patient significant other, I’d pump the brakes on getting rid of the gasser early. I found a lot of us use it to supplement our cooking activities as each device can fill its own special niche. You don’t have to go overboard like I do, but better to have and not need than to need and not have. Just my opinion. When I got the RT700 I was hoping to consolidate everything onto one device and that just wasn’t practical. Here is an example of what good does not look like, haha. (By the way, it doesn’t have to be this bad, and there are more behind the garage.)

View attachment 17204

View attachment 17205
I love that set up! That is what I’m trying to setup for retirement. I’ve got 20Mos left but who’s counting?

Sounds like a great plan. I live in SoCal so I definitely understand the space shortage issue. Fortunately the bull can check off a lot of the blocks for features and usability. The grill grates will be very helpful for any hi-temp searing and griddle like activities. Grill Grates also sell a professional level grates without the holes in it that work well as long as you don’t let the grease drip beyond the drip tray. The other positive that is often overlooked is that good old cast iron can fill in the gaps between a pellet grill and a gasser/charcoal grill if used properly. Wishing you some great cooks!!!
I like to use my gasser when doing gravy for biscuits and gravy and cooking eggs in my cast iron. I want to try and smoke some sausage for gravy on the biscuits. That sounds pretty good to me.

Welcome. The wait is pretty obnoxious, but you'll forget it on your first cook.

Ironically, I was (sort of) up in @Jim6820 's neck of the woods for the last week. Somewhere between Wenatchee and Seattle on I-90 I saw an Estes truck parked in a turnout. Having never received a call, email, text, or anything from Estes when my Recteq arrived, I saw one of these rare birds in the wild for the first time....ever. I mentioned to my wife that, "That rig is probably full of Recteqs!"
He wuz headed to the Everett terminal….

AMHIK :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back